The University Of Pretoria Higher Education Institution  » Education  »
Corner Roper and Lynwood Streets, Hatfield, Pretoria, 0001, Gauteng Province, South Africa
  • While it took a while for me to get used to the enormous size of the main campus of the University of Pretoria, navigation became very simple once I found my feet and I could experience the full appeal of tertiary life in South Africa
  • The Client Service Centre (CSC) is also very well run and I love the information desk they have where I always go first to ask where I should go if I want to carry out a certain task, otherwise I would waste a whole lot of time enquiring at each of the helpdesk areas found on eleven floors

• by Alexd

While it took a while for me to get used to the enormous size of the main campus of the University of Pretoria, navigation became very simple once I found my feet and I could experience the full appeal of tertiary life in South Africa.

Since I live just nine minutes from the campus, I always have the energy to take full advantage of the facilities long into the day and the campus is always buzzing, even at midnight there are people busy with something of

some sort.

Doing my BSc degree in Sports Science is enhanced by all the support I have access to, with regard to internet access, research labs and sports offices that manage real athletes such as those that play soccer in the National First Division university side, as well as rugby teams, and national athletics heroes. Practicals are never problematic and I find that it is simply a matter of participation.

The fees are generally affordable, when one considers university fees of other parts of the world, with ...

• the general average being US$2900 per year, excluding books and accommodation, as is the case with my course.

Everything is run very professionally and efficient and there are so many extra resources available to all students which I aim to make so much more use of in the years to come.

The six-floor main campus library is very extensive and there is always space for me in the study areas, computer labs and general book circulation area. The library course opened my eyes up to a

deeper world of opportunity though, with information such as having access to scientific journals made available to me, something I otherwise would not have know had I not taken the course.

The Client Service Centre (CSC) is also very well run and I love the information desk they have where I always go first to ask where I should go if I want to carry out a certain task, otherwise I would waste a whole lot of time enquiring at each of the helpdesk areas found on eleven floors.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5026121367881031/k2311a1226/12.26.10