LitterMaid: Self Cleaning Cat Litter  » Pets  »
2.0
  • I’m not much of a fan of cleaning up after them, which is why they’re really my husband’s cats, but I thought that maybe there was a way to make our lives easier when it came to the animals
  • Not a week after that, we noticed that the cats had stopped pissing on everything

• by sarahdragon26

I have two very temperamental cats who like things a certain ways. They like their litter a certain way. I’m not much of a fan of cleaning up after them, which is why they’re really my husband’s cats, but I thought that maybe there was a way to make our lives easier when it came to the animals.

The Littermaid is an automatic kitty litter cleaning machine that uses motion sensor technology to see when something has been

in the box and left. After a few minute time delay, the machine starts, seeping a metal comb through the litter to push the deposits into the tray. We thought, this is great because we will only have to throw out the tray when it gets full. No smells, no cleaning everyday. And instead of batteries, it plugs into the wall. Nice and easy.

But when it came to our cats, they didn’t like it at all. My ...

• husband and I didn’t figure it out until after a few months, but once we started using the LitterMaid, our cats starts pissing on everything. Clothing, the sofa, everything. We couldn’t figure out why. By luck, the LitterMaid broke itself somehow. It just started beeping in the middle of the night and kept running the sweeping comb. Nothing worked properly. So, eventually, we threw it out and went back to regular kitty litter is a box. Not a
        week after that, we noticed that the cats had stopped pissing on everything.

We concluded that maybe our cats didn’t like the sound of the machine or were uncomfortable with it. Whatever the reason, the whole pissing thing stopped after we got rid of the LitterMaid. I don’t know if some cats like this, but our cats really seemed against it. And I’m really glad not to be cleaning up piss when I wake up in the mornings.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926121367871031/k2311a1226/12.26.10