The Pursuit Of Happyness Movie Starring Will and Christopher Smith  » Movies  »
  • What would be even more interesting for me to see was how he would work with his son Christopher though, and I must say that I was really, really impressed to say the very least

• by Alexd

With the deep rooted belief that anything with Will Smith in it has the makings of something great, I had high expectations of one of the movies he did, The Pursuit of Happyness. What would be even more interesting for me to see was how he would work with his son Christopher though, and I must say that I was really, really impressed to say the very least.

Ever since I turned seventeen, my taste in movies has drifted away from action, fantasy and horror, and tended

more towards movies with a story behind them that I can relate to in some way or another, even in the slightest of fashions. The Pursuit of Happyness does exactly that, although not directly, and it tells a very interesting story of how Chris Gardner got to where he is today.

There is a lot of dialogue in the movie and I found myself concentrating for very long periods of time, but listening to what they have to say and the manner in which they communicate is ...

• what made it so interesting for me. A nice mix of humor, reality and human kindness (as well as human cruelty), topped off with the portrayal of real challenges faced by real people makes for a very moving film that really adds value to anyone’s life who takes the time to watch it, as it did mine.

It was interesting to see how they explained why the word ‘happyness’ was spelt wrong too and the significance of this movie saw me take away some very valuable life

lessons – something which I think is missing from entertainment media of the modern day.

I particularly loved how the intelligence of the main character was portrayed through the ideas he shares and analyses he makes, suggesting that if he could just find a way to make that intelligence profitable he would, and eventually does. The fact that this coincides directly with my life’s philosophy, that being that one needs wisdom, opportunity and focus to achieve success, makes this one of my greatest movies of all time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126121367821031/k2311a1226/12.26.10