Microsoft Windows XP Pro Operating System Software  » Software  »
  • Another reason I still rate Windows XP Pro as one of the best operating systems to have running on one’s machine today, is that fact that the price has come down considerably and this makes for some real value for money

• by Alexd

If I had to be the official judge of Microsoft’s operating systems, I would have said that Windows Vista was a step backwards from Windows XP Pro in terms of stability and user-friendliness.

Although there is a new operating system out now, Windows 7, I still think Windows XP Pro has a big place in the market, and I still use it on a whole lot of my lone-standing machines and on all my network-connected machines.

If I had to make a comparison,

I would say that Microsoft Windows XP Professional is like a Toyota if it were a vehicle. It is very effective and uncomplicated and offers a good balance of modern features of an operating system, while maintaining the simplicity of the previous version of Windows operating systems.

Because of its professional feel, I find that it works best in an office environment or on work station computers, as personalization is limited when compared to what the likes of Windows 7 have to ...

• offer, making for a productive sort of feel to any computer that runs on it. That’s why I have Windows XP on all the work station computers in my small network of offices and I have become accustomed to the integrated operational structure, including setting up and monitoring of the network without the use of third-party software.

Since I have been using XP for about four years now, I am really reluctant to move on up to newer versions of the Microsoft

Windows operating systems as I am comfortable with the balance that XP offers between the old and the new. I can still run games from 1995 while being able to take advantage of all the latest computing technologies such as cloud storage.

Another reason I still rate Windows XP Pro as one of the best operating systems to have running on one’s machine today, is that fact that the price has come down considerably and this makes for some real value for money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3026121367801031/k2311a1226/12.26.10