Panasonic DECT 6.0 4 Handset Cordless Telephones  » Electronics  »
  • The small base/ charging station is also very convenient and offers two options

• by MisterTickle

I got the Panasonic brand DECT 6 handsets. In this product, there are four handsets. I chose this mainly because the “base”/ charging station is really small. I don’t have a lot of open surface in my house, but I do want a phone where I can get to in my house. This is why I chose this Panasonic brand phone. The other reason is that my vTech only lasted three months until it completely died out on me.

I got the Panasonic 4 handset phone package for just over a hundred dollars at

BestBuy. Since I have the rewards card, I’ve accumulated a lot of points on this purchase.

The design and physical features of this phone is excellent. It looks very sleek and it has a black shining surface. It makes the phone look really delicate. The next thing I want to say about the phone is that the ease of use is excellent. Unlike my old vTech phone, this Panasonic handset features large numbers. Each number is about twice the size seen on my old vTech.

Now to complain about the the handsets. The thickness of the phones are unbearable. My old vTech handsets were thin. They aren’t paper thin, but around the size of a pen size thick. These new Panasonic phones are about twice the thickness of the vTech.

Now to get on to the features. The description stated that there is caller ID feature so I can see who called me. However, I later found out that my phone service has to provide the caller ID service. I warn you not to take in too much of the caller ID feature like how I did. I was ...

• Panasonic DECT 6.0 4 Handset Cordless Telephones
      later mistaken and had to pay extra for the caller ID feature. The NiMH battery is what I’m most pleased with. For NiMH batteries, I do not have to drain out the battery before recharging it because the battery technology can do that for me. My old phone uses an Li-ion battery. I simply ignored draining out the battery before recharging and now that phone doesn’t work anymore. However, this new Panasonic phone is much better.

The small base/ charging station is also very convenient and offers two options. I can place a phone

on my desk or I can use the wall mount. The wall mount is extremely useful to make use of space. I’m so used to wall mounts being large and bulky charging stations. The Panasonic phone has proven me wrong. Charging stations in wall mount forms do not have to be bulky.

The calling is pretty straight forward. The tone and voice quality are reasonably. I can adjust the volume to a comfortable level. Navigation of the phone is quite simple with minimal buttons required and nothing more I can say about this phone.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1626121367771031/k2311a1226/12.26.10