Half-Life 2 (PC game)  » Games  »
  • Half-Life 2, as the name suggests, is the sequel to the amazing Half-Life game
  • The story in Half-Life 2 is so well designed I thought I was playing my way through a novel instead of a game
  • I don't want to reveal too many spoilers, as the story is something I enjoyed very much when I played it first time through, but I will say that it involves a brilliant mix of what humanity is about, loyalty to your friends, and the story of what happens to Earth when extremely dangerous aliens invade and take over the Earth, bringing several biohazardous creatures with them by accident
  • The best thing of all, however, is the eye candy
  • I highly recommend that you buy the game and do the same

• by Faustie

Half-Life 2, as the name suggests, is the sequel to the amazing Half-Life game. Many people will remember the original Half-Life as a game with a brilliant story, and revolutionary action and design. Therefore its only natural to be concerned whether or not Half-Life 2 will be able to meet these high standards. Don’t worry, not only does it meet them, it exceeds them by far.

The story in Half-Life 2 is so well designed I thought I was playing my way through a novel instead of a game. The plot is full of many intricate twists that continue on from the story of the original Half-Life, but with huge changes to take the game a step up. I don’t want to reveal too many spoilers, as the story is

something I enjoyed very much when I played it first time through, but I will say that it involves a brilliant mix of what humanity is about, loyalty to your friends, and the story of what happens to Earth when extremely dangerous aliens invade and take over the Earth, bringing several biohazardous creatures with them by accident. These elements of the story are all combined brilliantly - It makes for one hell of a story.

Remember the action in the original game? It was something completely new to gaming at that time. Well, they’ve done it again, incorporating a physics engine with vehicles and weaponry to make for brand new gameplay. The action all feels very small, and sometimes you’ll be awed by what you can do, especially with Half-Life 2’s ...

• iconic weapon, the Gravity Gun, a device which lets you pick up large objects and hurl them far away at enemies with force. I’d never seen anything like this in a game before, and found it exceedingly fun. The enemies and your friends have a brilliant AI too, and you will often see people moving tactically to attempt to flank you, or diving behind a table for cover while they reload. This is even more apparent when you fight some of the larger enemies in the game, such as helicopter gunships. Its almost as if you’re fighting a real pilot some of the time.

Designing a game is difficult work, especially when you need the action to flow smoothly, but also completely immerse the player. I was very pleased to

see that VALVe (the creators of the game) has done it again. Not only are the levels extremely fun to play on, the graphics are very realistic, and the maps function perfectly for a fast-paced game. Even the slower physics puzzles function well in the game. The best thing of all, however, is the eye candy. In some parts of the game you will see some amazing level design that is there not for gameplay, but just to completely awe you and blow you away.

The only way to put it then, really, is that Half-Life 2 is a very enjoyable game that I really couldn’t do without. I’ve played it through so many times that I can’t keep count. I highly recommend that you buy the game and do the same.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2826121367721031/k2311a1226/12.26.10