Baked and Wired Coffee Shop in Georgetown  » Restaurants  »
1052 Thomas Jefferson Street Northwest, Washington DC 20007
  • Baked and Wired is what I like to call one of DC's hidden treasures
  • I also love the cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake but in my opinion they do not compare to those from Baked and Wired
  • The frosting was absolutely amazing, and it definitely made the cupcake stand out from any other I had ever had
  • The cupcake cost over $3 which may sound crazy for a cupcake, but it is well worth it
  • If you live in or will be visiting the DC area, check out Baked and Wired, you will not be disappointed

• by Jplane

Baked and Wired is what I like to call one of DC’s hidden treasures. Many tourists or even DC residents rave over the cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake. I also love the cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake but in my opinion they do not compare to those from Baked and Wired.

The cupcakes from Baked and Wired are larger than the overage cupcake size. In addition they come in a variety of great flavors.

The

last cupcake I had from Baked and Wired was a chocolate mint cupcake. The cake was chocolate and the chocolate was chocolate with a slight mint taste.

The frosting was absolutely amazing, and it definitely made the cupcake stand out from any other I had ever had. It was not your typical frosting, it was a fudge like frosting.

It was very thick and rich. The cupcake cost over $3 which may sound ...

• crazy for a cupcake, but it is well worth it.

As I mentioned they are larger than a standard size cupcake.

They also have great coffee and hot chocolate at Baked and Wired.

I love grabbing a hot chocolate during the cold days of winter and sitting in the nice sitting area they have. There are several coaches and comfy chairs to sit in.

In addition, baked and wired sells more than cupcakes and coffee,

they have a number of other great pastries and hot and cold beverages. Baked and Wired is off a side road in Georgetown and it is definitely not something everyone knows about.

I think most of their business comes from word of mouth. Once you have gone there, you will keep going back.

If you live in or will be visiting the DC area, check out Baked and Wired, you will not be disappointed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 723121367611131/k2311a1223/12.23.10