Black & Decker Griddle (#GR100)  » Housewares  »
  • What I like about this griddle is it is much larger
  • However, with this griddle, that wasn’t a problem
  • However, I did discover this griddle isn’t the best when it comes to making hotdogs (I made them for my daughter)
  • If you are looking for a last second Christmas present or are just looking for something useful for your own kitchen, I would highly recommend this product
  • As I said before, I know I’m going to be using it much more from now on

• by Review Vigilante

My wife and I have been making an effort to get our house organized whenever we have a free day (it’s a small house and we are finding we have too much stuff for it). The other day, we were digging through some cupboards and came across our Black & Decker Griddle (Model GR100). It had been a long time since we used this particular kitchen appliance so we decided to dust it off and use it to make pancakes the next morning.

After doing that, I can honestly say I will make sure we don’t forget about this small appliance ever again. Normally, when my wife has made pancakes, she ends up using

one of those small griddles that goes on the stove.

This takes her a long time to make enough for the entire family and she has to work around the fact the heat is limited to the center of the pan. What I like about this griddle is it is much larger.

We plug it in and let it warm up and we can cook as many as 8 pancakes at once. In other words, it cuts our cooking time by 1/4th.

There aren’t a lot of products I can say that about. Also, unlike the griddle that goes on our oven, the heat is evenly distributed.

It doesn’t matter where the pancake is,

• it will cook as well as all of the others and be done at the exact same time. The non-stick surface also has some benefits because we don’t have pancakes sticking to the griddle; causing a mess or causing them to burn.

I liked this product so much, I ended up using it again the same day. We had some hamburger patties in our freezer that I have been wanting to make.

But, it is winter and I don’t want to fire up the grill when it is only 10 degrees outside and, since they were cheaper hamburger patties that produced a lot of grease, I had doubts about making them in our house

(I was afraid they would produce a lot of smoke). However, with this griddle, that wasn’t a problem.

The hamburgers fried up nicely and, because the grease drained off into a collection area, there wasn’t a lot of smoke. They even tasted as good as they would have if I would have made them on the grill.

However, I did discover this griddle isn’t the best when it comes to making hotdogs (I made them for my daughter). They kept rolling off.

If you are looking for a last second Christmas present or are just looking for something useful for your own kitchen, I would highly recommend this product. As I said before, I know I’m going to be using it much more from now on.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5322121367281131/k2311a1222/12.22.10