Our Family Cola  » Food  »
2.5
  • And, after trying that, I was not very impressed with it
  • If you are throwing a party and are looking for a cheaper cola to give to your guests or are just looking to cut back on your monthly expenses by not buying Pepsi or Coke, I would recommend trying this brand

• by Review Vigilante

We had a small get together at our house a couple weeks ago and, as is usually the case whenever we invite a lot of people over (mainly because nobody ever seems to show up), we ended up with a ton of food and beverages left over.

One of the items we have left in our fridge from that party is Our Family Cola. In fact, we were left with most of the 12-pack we originally picked up. We bought this particular brand, instead of Pepsi or Coca Cola because of the price (we found it for less than $3).

I mentioned

in an earlier review that, in addition to this particular product, we also picked up another beverage from the Our Family label; their root beer. And, after trying that, I was not very impressed with it. In fact, I was so unimpressed, I didn’t even attempt to try the cola until this past weekend; when we were snowed in and I was running low on Mountain Dew.

I might not have liked the root beer from this brand, but the Our Family Cola proved to be very impressive.

It’s probably a good time to mention that I’m not a huge fan of ...

• dark colas. They are OK and I will drink them on occasion (usually when I have nothing else) but I have never really liked the thicker, more syrupy taste. So, when I had my first can of the Our Family Cola, I honestly thought I would find more things to hate about it than like about.

However, even though it still isn’t something I would drink on a regular basis, the flavor was actually better than I expected it to be. As I mentioned before, we got this particular brand because it was much cheaper than the better known brands of

cola (like the Pepsi my wife normally drinks). But, unlike the root beer, the flavor was actually comparable to what I would expect from one of those more expensive brands.

Even my wife, who loves Pepsi and Coke, thought so. I saw her drinking a can of this last night even though she also had a 12-pack of Pepsi to choose from too.

If you are throwing a party and are looking for a cheaper cola to give to your guests or are just looking to cut back on your monthly expenses by not buying Pepsi or Coke, I would recommend trying this brand.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2722121367181131/k2311a1222/12.22.10