Dennis Brown (musician)
  • The late reggae singer Dennis Brown has always been and still is one of my favourite reggae musicians
  • I think that those lyrics were so much more refined than these in a lot of reggae songs these days
  • I recommend Dennis Brown’s music to people who like real reggae music

• by Redtape

The late reggae singer Dennis Brown has always been and still is one of my favourite reggae musicians. Even though I am quite young myself, in fact, too young to remember when he started singing or when many of his biggest hits were released; I just do not think that many of these modern day reggae musicians can compare to the musician that Dennis Brown was.

A few of Dennis Brown’s hit songs include “Should

I?”, “Silhouettes”, “Money in My Pocket”, “Here I Come”, “Love Jah” and “Have You Ever”.

One of the reasons why Dennis Brown is one my favourite reggae artistes is because of the lyrics in his songs. I think that those lyrics were so much more refined than these in a lot of reggae songs these days. For one, in many of his songs, I could actually understand what he was saying unlike some of these modern ...

• day ones where the lyrics appear as if they are a combination of broken patois and English, and even then, I still can’t understand what they are saying.

Dennis Brown’s lyrics also made sense because he spoke about real subject, unlike many of the modern day reggae artistes who are either talking about going back to Africa, which I don’t think is a logical solution to our problems, especially when any African ancestors I might

have had came from over two centuries ago, or they are singing songs which are basically degrading to women, or which I think might be demotivating to people who live in ghetto communities.

Another reason why I prefer Dennis Brown’s music is because I think that his songs are catchy, and so it does not take much to have me singing along with them.

I recommend Dennis Brown’s music to people who like real reggae music.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1422121367051131/k2311a1222/12.22.10