Sephora by OPI Nail Polish in Untarnished Image  » Cosmetics  »
  • Once I came upon this polish, and since I want to collect polishes with a variety of finish, this particular one caught my eye and I bought it to try it out
  • Overall, I usually like whatever I buy from the Sephora by OPI line of polishes and so I like this polish a lot as it is very unique and has a nice finish
  • It does cost more than the average drugstore polish, but for the quality of the polish and its uniqueness, I am absolutely willing to pay for it
  • I would recommend people check out this line whenever they are at Sephora

• by shanjucool

I am a big nail polish fanatic and love polishing my nails and others too. So over the years its no surprise that my collection has grown to be quite large and I have a lot of shades and varieties of polishes. And as any nail polish fan, I am also a big fan of OPI nail polishes and check out the Sephora polishes every time I go to the store. Once I came upon this polish, and since I want to collect polishes with a variety of finish, this particular one caught my eye and I bought it to try it out.

The colour

isn’t bang-on silver. It is as the name suggests, a tarnished silver. It is warmer looking. Kind of like a dirty silver or old silver jewellery. I quite like the colour as it looks very antique and sophisticated rather than silver glittery polish which is more youthful.

This polish is kind of like a top coat with glitter in it, but it can be mistaken at first for silver nail polish. The glitter is very fine and very tiny, but there isn’t a lot of it and the base is a clear polish, hence this is a top coat to be used on top of ...

• other polishes for a shimmering effect, or it can be applied in several coats to achieve near opacity and look like glittery silver polish. I don’t think this would look nice on dark nail polishes such as black, burgundy or blue. I have tried it on and it doesn’t look that great, but makes flat looking polish a bit more three dimensional due to its shimmering effect. It would look best on light coloured polishes such as pinks and would look even better on already shimmering pearlescent polishes as it would make them more shimmery and shiny. I do suggest adding a clear top coat
        on top of this top coat to fully seal in the manicure and make it last longer.

Overall, I usually like whatever I buy from the Sephora by OPI line of polishes and so I like this polish a lot as it is very unique and has a nice finish. I don’t know if it is still available as it may have been a limited season only special. It does cost more than the average drugstore polish, but for the quality of the polish and its uniqueness, I am absolutely willing to pay for it. I would recommend people check out this line whenever they are at Sephora.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122121366981131/k2311a1222/12.22.10