Bliss Vanilla & Bergamot Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • So this is a really scary issue and one that concerns me very much
  • How did I know that Bliss was going to create a paraben-free version

• by Lisa Pellegrini

This is a body butter that I used a few years ago. I have not been using it lately, but only because I am a body butter collector and have so many body creams from other companies. So I am busy using those right now. I am now very wary of the body creams I use, because I just learned that many companies are using a preservative called paraben in their body creams. Parabens have been discovered in breast cancer tumors! So this is a really scary issue and one that concerns me very much. It states on the Bliss website

that their Vanilla and Bergamot body butter is new and paraben-free. I guess that means that the body butter I used years ago had parabens in it.

Anyway, it’s great that they have improved on it now by making it without parabens. This is a great body butter. I have not tried the new, paraben-free one. But I will tell you what I loved about the vanilla and bergamot body butter, when I used it years ago (which I guess was the paraben version). The scent is heavenly! I don’t really know much about bergamot. I believe it is a kind of citrus. This body butter doesn’t smell like citrus to me, but still the scent is wonderful. The blend of vanilla and the bergamot is somewhat spicy and exotic, but it is not overpowering. It is like blending egg nog with cinnamon and vanilla. That is kind of what this Bliss scent smells like to me. It is warm and sexy.

The only reason I am recommending this now is because Bliss created this new, paraben-free version. Too bad I will not be buying it any time in the near future, though, because I have way too many other body creams to use ...

• Bliss Vanilla & Bergamot Body Butter
      up. (I am only using the paraben-free ones.) If you are interested in this paraben-free body butter, then you can purchase a 6.7 ounce tube on the Bliss website for $28. That is expensive for body butter, but it should last you for months. It is moisturizing, but you can’t put too much on, otherwise it is a little greasy. The other thing I liked about this body butter is the color. It is a lovely beige color, which is a color that I don’t usually see very often in body butters. I guess I would call it almond. So if
      eye appeal is important to you, then that is an extra bonus.

Hopefully, Bliss did not change the color or the scent when they created the new, paraben-free Vanilla and Bergamot body butter. I only wish I were buying it now, instead of buying it several years ago. I did not know anything about parabens then, or that they were in the body butter at that time. If I had known, then I wouldn’t have bought it. Wish I had waited. How did I know that Bliss was going to create a paraben-free version? Wouldn’t it be nice if we could be psychic?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122121366951131/k2311a1222/12.22.10