Bliss Lemon & Sage Body Butter  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I hear about a new make-up company, I like to see what it has to offer
  • This is not typically my kind of scent, although it is interesting because of the combination of tangy citrus and fresh herbs
  • A 6.7 ounce tube of this paraben-free Lemon & Sage body butter is $28, so I can only recommend it if you REALLY love herbal and citrus scents
  • The best thing about this is that it is paraben-free

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I used to love trying a variety of products from Bliss, but that was a few years ago. I haven’t purchased anything of theirs in a while now, but that’s only because I am always tempted to try products from other brands. Plus, I have gone back to some of my reliable favorites, like Clinique facial soap. I just love to experiment when it comes to make-up and skincare. When I hear about a new make-up company, I like to see what it has to offer.

I am pleased to learn that Bliss has now put out paraben-free versions of two of their famous body butters (Vanilla & Bergamot and the Lemon & Sage). I used

to use both of them years ago. I guess that means that those old versions DID contain parabens? That doesn’t make me feel very good, considering that parabens are chemicals that have been detected in breast cancer tumors! It’s a shame that Bliss took this long to put out this new and improved, paraben-free body butter.

The Lemon & Sage has a kind of grassy scent. It almost smells like freshly cut grass but with a little more zing (probably from the lemon). I smell more sage in this than lemon, so I guess the sage is the top note, and then there is an undertone of lemon (or a splash of it mixed in ...

• with the sage). This is not typically my kind of scent, although it is interesting because of the combination of tangy citrus and fresh herbs. So if you like the smell of greenery and the outdoors, then you will probably like this scent. If not, then you may want to stay away from it and just look for something that has a pure citrus scent. I am more of a “pure citrus scent” lover myself, and I also like spicy scents and vanilla scents. Personally, I like the Bliss Vanilla & Bergamot scent better than the Lemon & Sage. That is just my own personal taste. But if herbal aromas are your thing (with a
        citrus twist), then you may like this Lemon & Sage body butter. It is creamy and moisturizing, but I can’t overdo it and put too much on, otherwise it makes my hands greasy.

Bliss body butter is expensive. A 6.7 ounce tube of this paraben-free Lemon & Sage body butter is $28, so I can only recommend it if you REALLY love herbal and citrus scents. The best thing about this is that it is paraben-free. But there are other expensive body butters with similar scents on the market, and they are also paraben-free (like Korres body butter in the Basil Lemon scent). So you really need to go sniffing around and see which one appeals to you the most.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122121366921131/k2311a1222/12.22.10