Bobbi Brown Lip Brush
  • Another problem with the full, rounded brush head on Bobbi's lip brush is that the extra hairs make it awkward and more difficult to put the cap back on the brush

• by Lisa Pellegrini

I didn’t actually purchase this brush separately. It came with Bobbi Brown’s holiday lip palette this year. But I am assuming that this is the same style lip brush as the one that you can purchase separately. The brush that came with the lip palette is probably just a little smaller. I only have one other lip brush that I have used, which I can compare Bobbi’s brush to, and that is Sephora’s lip brush. (That one was also included in a lip palette and is small.)

I am not really crazy about Bobbi’s lip brush. I feel that it is a little too full for me to define my lips precisely as

I am applying lipstick. The tip of the brush is too rounded, and I have an easier time outlining my lips when the brush tip is pointed. (That is how Sephora’s lip brush is designed.) My lipstick looks much better on me when I use that brush. It does not look smeary, and the lipstick does not end up outside the lines of my lips. The lines of my lips look sharp and defined. I feel like Bobbi’s fuller lip brush with the rounded head is intended to be more for women with full lips, perhaps, because they have more lip area that needs to be colored. But women who have thin ...

• lips, like I do, need to be so very careful if they are going to apply lip color with a brush. And we don’t have as much to show off, so we need a brush that will give us as much precision and definition as we can get.

Another problem with the full, rounded brush head on Bobbi’s lip brush is that the extra hairs make it awkward and more difficult to put the cap back on the brush. The hairs on either end of the brush get in the cap’s way, then they get pushed back by the cap, and then that messes up the look of what was once a

streamlined brush. The hairs on either end have become kinked, and once they become that way, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to straighten them out again.

Bobbi’s lip brush is expensive, too. It is $25, so I guess that is why Bobbi made it as full as it is. She wanted to give us our money’s worth. And while I do appreciate that, I really need a brush that is slimmer and pointed. Sephora’s lip brush (when purchased separately) is only $10. That is a great buy, considering that it is $15 less than Bobbi’s. You could buy two Sephora lip brushes (if you really needed two) and you’d still be saving $5!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122121366881131/k2311a1222/12.22.10