X-Mini II Portable Capsule Speakers  » Electronics  »
  • I found the speakers last an average of 7 or 8 hours, if you’re a casual user, that could stretch to 2 or 3 days after consecutive uses
  • Maybe the x-mini speakers sound too concentrated due to its physical build, but I love how everything sounds crisp and clear
  • Yet I couldn’t snub the fact that this is probably the best portable speakers out there

• by jhunie

I’m indiscriminately attracted to portable electronics. That’s why I added hamburger speakers or capsule speakers, whatever they’re called, into my office wish-list. I didn’t mind something that came from CD-R king, I heard they’re selling their own at a cheaper expense. I was more hopeful to receive a hamburger key chain, which actually doubles as a portable speaker and anything of that sort. Well I got more than I wanted. I received the X-Mini II capsule speakers. I was rather confused how to call this device – whether speakers with the s, or otherwise, since the portable audio system is only a singular unit. Anyhow, I love it!

You wouldn’t have to be a pro to know the nuances of high-quality sound, this device really packs a rich bass to satisfy me, and its extensive volume superimposes that superior sound the first time I heard it. It seems to come with its own subwoofer, I don’t really know how they squeeze it in one small device, but you can readily feel the ball

thumping. It creates that oscillating motion. Sometimes you’d see it move farther than where you’ve placed it. I hope they also create a more cushiony base so something buffers the shock coming from the speakers. Or better yet, place it on a good surface to prevent it from traveling.

I used to own portable Creative speakers back then; I was plagued by connection problems because its cables need to be set up. The X-mini really sheds all those burdensome technicalities and makes things a lot easier. It connects thru a common jack and permits usb charging. As a single unit, the cable is hidden underneath its base and the head of the capsule hefts up as you twist it. Even so, the speakers still look tiny once the upper half is extended. I found the speakers last an average of 7 or 8 hours, if you’re a casual user, that could stretch to 2 or 3 days after consecutive uses. The compact speakers tend to sound animated without extending the other ...

• half. I forgot to twist it and could really make out the prominent difference. The bass sounds confined and pitchy. So I opened the speakers. The produced sound gets a considerable lift and expands better that way.

This portable system gives smooth audio and makes sound seem transparent, especially if I listen to trance and a lot of beat-driven music. I also hear less noise and grainy undertones disrupting the clarity of the music. And the speakers render quite a good amount of coverage, some speakers (like the one I have in the car) highlights the bass but it’s too heavy, so much so that the vocals seem to come from the backseat and the melodic tunes get lost somewhere. Maybe the x-mini speakers sound too concentrated due to its physical build, but I love how everything sounds crisp and clear. The sound seems linear to me, but I can fill the whole bedroom with its banging noise.

The X-mini even has better sound quality compared to my wi-fi radio and puts my iphone

to shame. Tunewiki is a great app to kill idle time but the iphone’s raspy base yields me no stimulation to enjoy music. Relatively, the x-mini makes up for that. It affords me the pleasure of listening to music the way I want it. Case in point, it’s fun to listen to music while taking a shower or just go about my personal business. My ears acquired a bit of sensitivity to music so it’s nice to have music around without it hurting my ears, although, this (speakers) hardly relates to improving one’s hearing, of course, the speaker’s blasting volume could amount to the same, if not, higher than most potentially damaging earphones. So I tune the volume lower than 50 percent – that’s how loud it is.

The hefty price (36 dollars I heard) makes it a piece of luxury for something as practical as listening to music on open air. Yet I couldn’t snub the fact that this is probably the best portable speakers out there. Hence, I recommend it fully.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1622121366801131/k2311a1222/12.22.10