Rimmel Volum’ Eyes 5X Volume Comb Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
  • Unfortunately, I just found a Rimmel mascara product that is the exception to that rule
  • It was not that expensive, but I still really regret making this purchase
  • I thought that a comb applicator would somehow do something really amazing for my lashes that the typical brush applicator does not
  • The problem with the comb applicator is that it applies way too much mascara even with just one stroke of the wand so basically what ends up happening is the mascara gets all clumped together really quickly before you can go back for another stroke
  • I will definitely never purchase this product again in the future

• by Intensify

I generally really love mascara products from the Rimmel London line. I don’t know what it is about their mascaras, but they always seem to work so well. They have good lengthening mascaras as well as ones that volumize and separate too. Most of their mascaras do not clump up or cause lash fallout or any of the other things that bad mascara products do. Unfortunately, I just found a Rimmel mascara product that is the exception to that rule. I absolutely hated the Rimmel Volum’ Eyes 5X Volume Comb Mascara more than I have hated a mascara in a long time. All of the advertisments really convinced me that this mascara would be new and different, but the reality is that this mascara only clumped up my

lashes and made me extremely frustrated. It was not that expensive, but I still really regret making this purchase.

The thing that initially attracted me to the Rimmel Volum’ Eyes 5X Volume Comb Mascara is the fact that the applicator is a comb rather than the typical brush at the end of the mascara wand. I thought that a comb applicator would somehow do something really amazing for my lashes that the typical brush applicator does not. I was so wrong. The comb applicator is terrible. This mascara claims to give you five times more volume. That is a lie. I did not see increased volume at all. I did not see any increased length either. All I saw were big, nasty clumps. The problem with the comb applicator ...

• is that it applies way too much mascara even with just one stroke of the wand so basically what ends up happening is the mascara gets all clumped together really quickly before you can go back for another stroke. I tried fixing it by cleaning off the comb and going back for another stroke to kind of remove the excess mascara. This did not help. No matter what method I tried to use to effectively apply this Rimmel mascara, it just did not work. I got clumped up lashes every single time, without fail. It is just such a messy mascara. The comb does nothing to control the amount of product that comes out of the tube and goes onto the lashes. In the end, it just looks
        like my lashes got glued together. That was only after the application of one coat. I would be really afraid to try two coats because I know that would be even more of a mess.

Overall, I have to give the Rimmel Volum’ Eyes 5X Volume Comb Mascara a rating of a 2 out of 10. That may seem like a harsh rating, but it is my honest opinion about this product. I really did want to like this product because I have absolutely loved Rimmel London mascara products in the past, but this one just happens to be the exception to the rule. It is not impressive at all. I would advise you to save your money and choose something else. I will definitely never purchase this product again in the future.

Maria Fritz says :

I USED YOUR COMB MASCARA FOR A LONG TIME. IT IS THE ONLY ONE THAT EVER WORKED FOR ME. THEN YOU TOOK IT OFF THE MARKET? IS IT STILL AVAILABLE ANYWHERE????

ani says :

i still see it at wal-mart. check there.

Tricia says :

I Absolutely LOVE this product. The brush does wonders for my eyes,
    I m frustrated bc I can t find it anywhere
    Tricia

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3122121366761031/k2311a1222/12.22.10