Holiday Inn McArthur Airport  » Hotels  »
1.5
3845 Veterans Memorial Highway, Ronkonkoma NY 11779
  • You could get a fresh, delicious, hot breakfast for less than half the price by walking across the street to the diner
  • When I demanded that I be compensated for the fees they caused me through their mistake it took weeks of hounding them, calling them and ultimately took a trip down there in order to correct the problem because honestly, they had no intention of correcting the problem until I showed them I meant business
  • However, I would recommend staying at the brand new Hilton Garden Inn down the street

• by Violet

The Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma

The Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma located directly adjacent to Long Island’s McArthur Airport has one main thing going for it that no other hotel can compete with, location. This hotel is located so close to the airport that you could actually walk to it and check in right after stepping off of the plane. Not to mention the fact that it is located across the street from two excellent diners, an Applebees and a McDonalds, all within walking distance from the hotel itself.

However, due to the fact that this hotel has such an ideal location, they get away with overcharging for their outdated rooms that are in desperate need of renovation. This hotel has clearly not been updated in several decades. Regardless, they are able to charge top dollar for these mediocre, old fashioned rooms as a result of the fact that people will continue to pay these prices in order to be in this ideal location.

The set up of the hotel is disorganized and

confusing. Over the years, they have added countless additional hallways, wings and additions that have no logical system to their placement. Therefore, it actually requires a map simply to find your room. Instead of building upward, this hotel built outward resulting in sheer chaos.

The Holiday Inn Ronkonkoma charges approximately $140 for a room. The room you receive for this price is simply not what one should expect for this price. Unlike most hotel rooms at this price you do not receive a flat screen television, instead you are given a small television from circa 1985. The furniture is old and outdated, the beds are uncomfortable, and the bathrooms consist of a plastic sink and tub.

The hotel claims to be a 3 star establishment due to the fact that they feature an on site restaurant, an outdoor pool and a fitness room. The restaurant is terrible and overpriced. They charge $13 per person for their breakfast buffet which consists of little options. You could get a fresh, delicious,

• hot breakfast for less than half the price by walking across the street to the diner. The pool is small and unheated and does not feature a jacuzzi. The fitness room consists of a small room filled with one treadmill, one exercise bike and a few mismatched weights sitting on the floor. Yes, this hotel does have the amenities necessary for them to call themselves a 3 star hotel, but these amenities are not what a paying customer should expect.

The staff is rude and incompetent. Checking in takes three times as long as it should due to the fact that their computer system is old and outdated. Expect to wait about ten minutes in order for your credit card to go through due simply to the old system they operate with. Also, check your credit card statement. I had paid for the room in advance on my credit card yet when I got there they charged me for the room again in addition to a deposit. This

caused me to go over my limit, resulting in outlandish fees and aggravation from my credit card company. When I complained about this, they tried to brush it off as an honest mistake and did not even offer to correct it. When I demanded that I be compensated for the fees they caused me through their mistake it took weeks of hounding them, calling them and ultimately took a trip down there in order to correct the problem because honestly, they had no intention of correcting the problem until I showed them I meant business.

I must admit the location of this hotel is ideal if you are traveling through McArthur Airport. However, I would recommend staying at the brand new Hilton Garden Inn down the street. They offer a free shuttle to and from the airport, everything is brand new and has a luxurious feel to it, and the rooms are $99. In this case, the convenience of the location is simply not worth the price or aggravation.

Holiday Inn McArthur Airport

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 222121366631031/k2311a1222/12.22.10