Dobos Cake. Receipe  » Recipes  »
  • I learned how to cook it for the first time from my mother in law, shortly after I met my wife
  • Since then I've tried several variations and I noticed that it is very important for the whites egg to be beaten well until foam and not to add too much flour in the dough composition initially

• by Valentin Bogatu

I have this receipe from about 13 years ago. I learned how to cook it for the first time from my mother in law, shortly after I met my wife. I needed a special cake for dessert at a certain festive dinner of my family and I recognize that I was fully satisfied. When I prepared it the first time I did not beaten egg whites for the cake dough until foam and got a cake not too fluffy. Since then I’ve tried several variations and I noticed that it is very important for the whites egg to be beaten well until foam and not to add too much flour in the dough composition initially.

I usually bake the cake for about half-hour in an average heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius. I also tried several variations for the cream used. I arrived at the composition shown below. I always use at least two bars of chocolate to add to the filling cream which gives it a very sweet taste. Those who wish may add more butter to the cream which leads to obtain a velvety appearance. You can also try adding some vanilla to the cream to obtain the perfection. This cake is very good for festive dinners. And now here’s the recipe:

Ingredients Cake dough: 5 eggs, 125 g sugar, 5 tablespoons of flour, butter to smear the form.

Cream: ...

• 4 eggs, 150 g sugar 2 bars of chocolate or 2 tablespoons of cocoa, 200 g fresh butter, 3 tablespoons icing sugar

Preparation Cake dough: Rub the yolks with sugar until they make a cream. Add the flour and the egg whites beaten to foam. Spread the cake form with butter, sprinkle flour and pour in the composition so that the sheet will be no thicker than the knife edge. Bake 7-8 sheets, remove from the hot pan and put the dough on the table.

Cake cream: In a small saucepan put in another bowl with boiling water, beat the whole eggs with the vanilla and sugar, on fire. Beat constantly until it thickens. Add chocolate dipped

with a tablespoon of water or two tablespoons of cocoa rubbed with a little milk. When the cream is ready, put it aside, stirring constantly until it cools. Rub butter to cream, then stir the cream slowly, once it has cooled completely. Place the dough sheets on top of each other, putting between them cream. Let aside the last piece until you put on it burnt sugar. Burn the sugar in a saucepan. When the sugar is completely melted and begins to darken in color, pour on to the sheet cake and spread it quickly using a long, hot knife, until it does not cool down. If the sugar cool, insert the cake sheet for a moment into the oven. Put the last sheet on to the top of the cake.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4922121366601031/k2311a1222/12.22.10