AVG Free AntiVirus
  • I have downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus, which now has been upgraded to 7.5 version, and my computer has not had a serious virus problem since
  • I consider that to be very good as obviously new viruses are kept up to date and the program would be able to be up to date with viruses
  • The best idea is to set up a time where you would not be using the computer, leave it on and have the anti-virus to run
  • I do not recommend buying a program where you can use AVG, since I have had bad experiences with programs such as Norton Anti-virus, which slows the computer drastically, scanning for hours (which AVG only takes half the time) and not even being able to remove those viruses

• by Susanna
      I have downloaded the free version of AVG Antivirus, which now has been upgraded to 7. 5 version, and my computer has not had a serious virus problem since. I do not know why some Antivirus programs which requires you to pay works nowhere near as well as how AVG works. I cannot express how thankful our whole family has been since discovering this Antivirus program.

AVG can be downloaded for an absolutely free price. It does not contain more than an anti-virus program, as some programs these days may trick people and put viruses in what’s suppose to be an anti-virus program. AVG is not one of them.

It works very well and has

been a necessary program on our computer. AVG works that there is a set time to update, which happens every day. That’s right.

Each day, there are updates downloaded automatically! I consider that to be very good as obviously new viruses are kept up to date and the program would be able to be up to date with viruses. A few times AVG has picked up some Trojan horses on our computer. I was not sure whether it would be able to delete that file, and AVG really showed the good quality of this program to remove these Trojan horse files completely from the computer, without causing it to crash or not work.

Sometimes,

• deleting a virus manually may result in the whole computer not working, which thankfully AVG seems to know how to take care of. There is a scheduled date for a whole system check each day. It would scan the entire computer for viruses.

This is usually good, as you do not need to remember to start it up, it would run by itself. However, it can be irritating if you are using the computer and using many programs at once, AVG may slow down the computer, which causes freezes and others. The best idea is to set up a time where you would not be using the computer, leave it on and have the

anti-virus to run.

I am extremely happy with the updates. It can pick up most viruses and leave the computer healthy. I do not recommend buying a program where you can use AVG, since I have had bad experiences with programs such as Norton Anti-virus, which slows the computer drastically, scanning for hours (which AVG only takes half the time) and not even being able to remove those viruses.

AVG AntiVirus is one program I recommend for all computers. It could help detect a virus and delete it successfully, which is what I consider to be the most important thing in an anti-virus program, to be able to delete the actual infected file. AVG does that, and extremely effectively and fast too.

AVG Free AntiVirus

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in March, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301103136610931/k2311a0311/3.11.07