Caribou Coffee in Thomas Circle, Washington DC  » Restaurants  »
1101 17th Street Northwest, Washington D.C.
  • Unfortunately all Starbucks close at 9pm during the week
  • I decided on a hot chocolate and was asked if I wanted white, dark, or regular hot chocolate
  • I don't think I was able to drink out of it for almost 10 minutes after I got it
  • The best part is that there is free wireless internet

• by Jplane

I was thrilled to find this Caribou Coffee shop while I was walking through DC. I was actually looking for a Starbucks Coffee Shop but it had come to my attention that it was 9:30 on a Wednesday. Unfortunately all Starbucks close at 9pm during the week. Luckily, Caribou Coffee was still open, in fact it was open until 10:30pm! I had never been to a Caribou Coffee before, because there are so many other coffee shops in the area. However, after my visit

there I will be looking for more Caribou Coffee shops. I was very pleased by my visit and I was thrilled with everything Caribou Coffee had to offer.

Not only was it open later and longer than Starbucks, but they also had a wide variety of drinks. I decided on a hot chocolate and was asked if I wanted white, dark, or regular hot chocolate. I never thought about having options when choosing hot chocolate, I decided to go with the dark chocolate hot cocoa. It ...

• was a great drink and I was extremely pleased with the taste. It was richer than a normal hot chocolate and had a great creamy taste. My only compliant is how hot is was served to me. I don’t think I was able to drink out of it for almost 10 minutes after I got it. I guess better too hot than too cold.

The Caribou Coffee near Thomas Circle also had a great atmosphere. It reminded me of drinking hot chocolate in a ski

lodge cabin. It was very homey and there were large tables. Music was quietly playing in the background. It was enough to break the silence but not load enough to be over powering. It would be the perfect place for a student to grab coffee and do homework or a business person to get some work done. The best part is that there is free wireless internet. Pretty much it is just like Starbucks but without the long lines and with better coffee and hot chocolate.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 722121366020931/k2311a1222/12.22.10