Eggplant moussaka. Receipe  » Recipes  »
  • As each recipe which I will present here this recipe has been tried by me several times and each time I got a dish delicious that I recommend to you here
  • This is because, in my opinion, using canned eggplant is giving a tasteless food

• by Valentin Bogatu

Like I said before, starting 13 years ago I collected some recipes thinking to edit my own receipe book.

This is another recipe harvested from local folklore, specifically Romanian. As each recipe which I will present here this recipe has been tried by me several times and each time I got a dish delicious that I recommend to you here. The main ingredient of this food is eggplant. I used every time only fresh eggplant, purchased directly from the producer and have never used the eggplant preserved by freezing.

This is because, in my opinion, using canned eggplant is giving a tasteless food. A second aspect very important is the quality of meat

used. From personal experience, I recommend that you never use minced meat ready prepared (as found in supermarkets) because it contains a lot of fat, but to use a piece of lean beef without any fat. For this reason I recommend this dish especially to people having high cholesterol.

As a final secret in preparing this dish, again from my experience, I recommend people with high cholesterol to replace fat with one or two tablespoons of butter or use the alternative mode of cooking the eggplant directly on to the plate. At the end, what really matters is that the furnace used is not very hot.

Ingredients 4 medium eggplants, 750 g lean ...

• meat 1 carrot, 1 potato 2 onions, 1 egg, 2 tablespoons sour cream salt, pepper, 4 tablespoons lard, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs, 4 tomatoes or 1 tablespoon tomato broth, 1 cup beef broth (or water).

Preparation Chose medium eggplant. Cut without cleaning in finger-thick slices. Brew with salt water and place under a trencher with a weight on it to drain. Pass the raw meat through the meat mincer along with carrots and potatoes.

Fry the meat and chopped onions with a tablespoon of lard. After they had cooled slightly, add one egg, sour cream, salt and pepper. Remove eggplant from under the trencher, paste with a towel, take them through flour

/> and fry in lard, each slice on both sides, You can fry the eggplants without being scalded. In a pan greased with lard and sprinkled with breadcrumbs put a row of eggplant, a layer of meat, and so on, until you finish the meat and the eggplant.

It is preferable that the last layer should be eggplant. Above pour a cup of beef broth with a spoonful of tomato broth, or put some sliced tomatoes. Bake fall. When ready, overturn on to a plate.

To save fat and also to cook a lighter food, you can prepare eggplant not roasted in lard.

Fry the eggplant slices on both sides, directly on the hot plate. As they brown, place in a bowl sprinkled with salt.

Cover and keep it to steam until the meat for moussaka is prepared. Make the moussaka as above.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4922121366010931/k2311a1222/12.22.10