Hoi Ming Chinese Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
469 Main Street, West Sayville NY 11796
  • My entire family is loyal to Hoi Ming because they offer some of the best Chinese food on Long Island
  • I love dining in but Hoi Ming is the only place my family gets Chinese takeout from, regardless of the fact that there are so many other places to get Chinese takeout that are much closer to my house
  • The staff at Hoi Ming are all so lovely, they make dining there a truly great experience
  • The last time I ate at Hoi Ming I ordered shrimp lo mien and it could not have been more delicious
  • I also recommend the pu pu platter which is delicious

• by Violet

I have been eating Chinese Food at Hoi Ming for over twenty years, since I was a small child. The food is great and the atmosphere is that of a true family restaurant. My entire family is loyal to Hoi Ming because they offer some of the best Chinese food on Long Island. There is a joke amongst my family that we pass approximately fifteen other Chinese restaurants on our way to Hoi Ming. I love dining in but Hoi Ming is the only place my family gets Chinese takeout from, regardless of the fact that there are so many other places to get Chinese takeout that are much closer to my house.

The staff at Hoi Ming are all so lovely, they make dining there a truly great experience. The owner knows my family personally and always

makes us feel extremely comfortable and welcome. The prices are extremely affordable and virtually everything on the menu is excellent. At most restaurants there is one or two things on the menu that I am partial to, but at Hoi Ming everything is great. Every time I go to Hoi Ming I order something different yet I am always pleased with the taste and quality of the food.

The last time I ate at Hoi Ming I ordered shrimp lo mien and it could not have been more delicious. You have the option of ordering everything on the menu as a dinner, which allows you to get soup, an egg roll, your entree and dessert for only $2.95 extra. You have a choice of either wonton or egg drop soup. I will not eat wonton soup at any ...

• other Chinese restaurant because after eating the best wonton soup at Hoi MIng, I simply do not set myself up for disappointment by ordering it anywhere else! The egg drop soup is delicious as well but their wonton is simply to die for. It is always served hot and tastes fresh, not as if it has been reheated a million times but as if they made it fresh just for you when you ordered it.

The shrimp lo mien is the best as well. Unlike most Chinese restaurants which skimp on the shrimp, Hoi Ming gives you tons of large, fresh shrimp. I also enjoy their General Tso’s chicken which is spicy but not too spicy. Their menu is extensive and offers virtually every Chinese dish you could imagine. I also like the fact that they have a

vegetarian menu consisting of a large array of tofu dishes. I do not particularly like tofu, but Hoi Ming prepares their tofu dishes so well that they are delicious regardless.

Everything at Hoi Ming is wonderful from the atmosphere to the staff to the food. At approximately ten dollars per entree, the prices are very reasonable. The staff is so friendly and they will go out of their way to ensure that you have everything you need and really enjoy your meal. I definitely recommend their wonton soup, even if you do not specifically like wonton soup you simply have to try it at Hoi Ming because it is the best. I also recommend the pu pu platter which is delicious. Basically, whatever you order at Hoi Ming will be delicious. Eating at Hoi Ming is a truly pleasurable experience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 722121365980931/k2311a1222/12.22.10