Sprint Cellular Service
  • Basically, the coverage provided by Sprint is not up to par with that of Verizon and AT&T, due to the notion that I never had this problem on those networks

• by Violet

I have recently switched to Sprint as my primary wireless provider. The reason that I chose Sprint is due to the fact that they are now offering a plan which features unlimited calls, text messages and data for $69.99 monthly. Considering the fact that my previous wireless carrier, AT&T charged $69.99 for unlimited calls yet charged an additional $15 for unlimited text messages and an additional $25 for unlimited data, the price is excellent. However, there is a catch. Sprint leads you to believe that the $69.99 covers unlimited everything. While you truly do receive unlimited text messages and unlimited data for this price, the unlimited calling applies only to calls to wireless devices. For this price you receive only 450 minutes for calls to land line phones. Due

to the fact that I predominantly call cellular devices, this plan still works for me. However, if you make a lot of calls to land lines, this may not be the plan for you.

Due to the fact that I have had contracts with Verizon and AT&T, I feel that I am able to accurately judge the Sprint network. To be honest, I am not entirely satisfied with Sprint’s coverage. When I am home at my house in Holbrook, New York, the service is excellent. I always have full coverage, reception is excellent and I have not experienced any dropped calls. However, when I travel approximately 20 miles away to Port Jefferson, New York where my boyfriend works, the coverage is a different story. Calls made in this town are

constantly being dropped and a lot of times I do not receive calls that are made to me. The calls made to me when I am in this town simply do not go through to me half the time. Basically, the coverage provided by Sprint is not up to par with that of Verizon and AT&T, due to the notion that I never had this problem on those networks.

As far as the 3G coverage provided by Sprint, I must say that browsing the internet on my phone is much faster than it was on AT&T or Verizon. The speed in regard to the internet truly is lightning fast. With Verizon, I stopped attempting to use the internet browser on my phone because it was so slow. With Sprint, I ...

• Sprint Cellular Service
      find myself looking things up on the internet on my mobile phone and facebooking constantly due to the fact that it is so fast and easy to use.

I was very pleased with Sprint’s customer service. When I set up my contract, Sprint offered to waive my activation fee and gave me a 10% discount off of my monthly bill for being a AAA member. They offer the same discount for being a member of a credit union or employment with a myriad of large companies. This is a wonderful feature associated with Sprint. However, when I received my first bill the $36 activation fee had not been waived. I called Sprint to complain, expecting an outright duel with one of their customer service representatives. To my surprise, their customer

service rep could not have been happier to correct the mistake, waive the fee and even apologized for their mistake. They even gave me additional time to pay my bill due to the new adjustment.

Basically, the pros of Sprint service are the price of their new $69.99 unlimited plan, the discounts they offer for various memberships and jobs, the speed of their 3G coverage and the friendliness of their customer service representatives. The major con associated with Sprint is the fact that the coverage is not the greatest, depending on where you live. My advice would be to research Sprint’s coverage in the area in which you live. If Sprint has adequate towers and provides decent coverage in your area, I would not hesitate to sign up for their $69.99 unlimited plan.

Sprint Cellular Service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2222121365950931/k2311a1222/12.22.10