Take Me Out - ITV1 - Dating Show  » TV  »
  • On reason why i think I like is simply because it’s quick and easy telly, doesn’t require too much thought or too much opinion
  • I think it’s designed like I said to be a faster version, probably younger style of Blind Date

• by JustHonest

Im quite a fan of Paddie McGuiness, he is a funny man and that’s what made me give the show that he presents, Take Me Out a chance. It’s essentially a modern day version of Blind Date, only this time there is no blind aspect and a lot more contestants.

On reason why i think I like is simply because it’s quick and easy telly, doesn’t require too much thought or too much opinion.

There will be one person at the front,

a man and then a girl and about 30 contestants that he might get a chance to on a date with. They all have lights on and if they hear anything about the person out front that they do not like, they turn the light off and they are out of the running.

Once you get down to a couple of lights the person can then choose which one to turn off and which one to take on a date.

I think ...

• it’s designed like I said to be a faster version, probably younger style of Blind Date. I don’t think it’s a brilliant show but Blind Date did used to bore the pants off me and was seemingly desperate to really have happy couples at the end of the show and date, but on this show it’s much less serious and more about fun which I think is much better.

The purpose behind the lights is what is sued to give an

ideation as to who is a best match but nothing is taken too seriously and I think this is good. They all get on t.v, they have a laugh, their appears to be minimum embarrassment which also leads to less cringe worthy telly.

Not really sure how long it will last as a series, but if you like something that is a bit funny, that is easy to watch on a Saturday night then this might just be for you.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1022121365810931/k2311a1222/12.22.10