Rabbit steak. Receipe  » Recipes  »
  • I have prepared it several times and each time I learned something new
  • From my experience it is very important that the rabbit meat should be put to soften prior to preparation
  • The resulting roast from a rabbit prepared like this is particularly good in my opinion
  • Ingredients Loin of a large rabbit, 100 g of smoked bacon, 1 head of garlic 1 tablespoon of butter salt 1 cup of sour cream 1 cup of beef broth, 1 teaspoon of flour Preparation Choose the best steak, ie with the back muscles and behind legs, if the roast should be larger

• by Valentin Bogatu

In the following I will present another receipe harvested from the local folklore. I have prepared it several times and each time I learned something new. It is especially about the prior preparation prior of the game (specifically the rabbit).

which I learned on to, let’s say, my own skin.

You must skin the rabbit this way: make a cut on your its belly with a knife, loos the skin from meat, cut the hair around the legs and then using a knife, loose the hair, pulling from the tail to the head and turning it upside down like a glove. Detach it then with a knife around the muzzle. Remove the bowels and discard them, then the inwards, an put them to cold until use. Discard from the begining the bile, careful not to touch

the liver. Tighten all the blood in a bowl until the last drop. Mix with 2-3 tablespoons of red wine and keep it to prepare the sauce for the food.

Clean the meat thin husks.

From my experience it is very important that the rabbit meat should be put to soften prior to preparation.

I have prepared rabbits also without this step and I can say that the result was entirely unsatisfactory.

The resulting roast was very hard to chew and very difficult to digest.

I Ussualy put the rabbit in a bowl of earth with a boiled marinade, prepared from a cup of vinegar (weak it with some water if it’s loud), one tablespoon of oil, a few very thin slices of carrot and onion, several threads of parsley, thyme, two crushed bay leaves, salt ...

• and pepper. I also put the spices and the green over the rabbit, and I wet the rabbit frequently with marinade. I am keeping it like this at least a day, even two days in winter.

The resulting roast from a rabbit prepared like this is particularly good in my opinion. I totally love this dish especialy food its taste.

Preparation Choose the best steak, ie with the back muscles and behind legs, if the roast should be larger.

After removing from the marinade, paste it well with a towel. Stuff it with little pieces of bacon, about 3 cm long by 1/2 cm

wide, placed with a needle (available to buy from shops with household items).

You can stuff the steak also with garlic cloves. The fat should not be introduced too deep.

You should use smoked fat, without meat. Place the steak in a long tray, having the back up with two tablespoons of water and one of butter. Bake at medium heat. Should be greased frequently with the butter from the tray.

When ready, remove from pan and keep hot, covered. Drain the butter that served to fry, leaving in the tray only the sauce that left steak itself. Thin it with little meat broth and allow it to boil.

Add sour cream mixed with flour and cook over low heat, stirring constantly to take all the flash from the bottom of the tray. Pass the sauce through a sieve and pour it on to the dish over the steak. If desired you can add, before putting sour cream, also the juice from the marinade.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4922121365720931/k2311a1222/12.22.10