Stuffed Peppers, receipe
  • I learned to cook stuffed peppers from my mother, and during the time I found a few little secrets that make this food to taste great
  • In my opinion what greatly matters in preparing the stuffed peppers are two things
  • From experience I learned that only beef should be used to prepare the minced meat and pork or mixed beef plus pork meat must be avoided since the filling should be as little fat as possible

• by Valentin Bogatu

In what comes next I will reveal as I used you another recipe that is specifically Romanian. This is called stuffed peppers.

Stuffed peppers, like highly seasoned forcemeat balls (mititei), meat cabbage (sarmale) or minced meat croquette (parjoale) are very common to traditional meals.

I learned to cook stuffed peppers from my mother, and during the time I found a few little secrets that make this food to taste great. In my opinion what greatly matters in preparing the stuffed peppers are two things: the meat used and how to prepare the

filling. From experience I learned that only beef should be used to prepare the minced meat and pork or mixed beef plus pork meat must be avoided since the filling should be as little fat as possible.

Fat stuffed Peppers have a fishy taste not at all pleasant. As for stuffing, stuffed peppers are prepared by many people by simply mixing at cold in the minced meat of the other ingredients (bread, onions, rice, broth).

I tried it myself and have as a result some stuffed peppers that taste of rice

and felt they were too sour.

If you want to prepare a quality dish follow my advice in preparing the filling: sauté the onion in oil until it becomes glassy then add finely grated carrots, chopped peppers and rice and mix continuously.

When this is done add a little tomato juice or broth and let simmer 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.

Sidestep the composition from heat to cool. And one last trick I learned over time: if you feel the peel of the peppers taste bitter even after they are ...

• Stuffed Peppers, receipe
      cooked rub the inside pepper with salt before filling them.

Ingredients 12 medium green pepper, 750g lean beef meat, 1 slice of bread 1 onion, 3 tablespoons of rice 1 teaspoon chopped dill, salt 2 tablespoons of lard, 1 tablespoon broth, 1 teaspoon of flour 2 tablespoons sour cream, 1 cup water.

Preparation Pass the meat and a slice of bread soaked in water or milk and squeezed through a meat grinder well.

If meat is too lean, add and the remaining tablespoon of melted lard cracklings.

Separately, prepare as described above the mixture

for filling. Choose the peppers to fill.

Cut a lid around the stem, and clean the seeds. If the peppers are chilli cook them in boiling water, for five minutes.

Drain well and fill with the stuffing mixture prepared beforehand. Before being put in saucepan with sauce, after filling, you should fry peppers in a pan with a little fat. Place them in the saucepan and pour over a sauce made from flour, tomato juice and water. I use sometimes the remaining water used to boil a chicken in. Cover and bring to smothered boil in the oven.

Before serving add two or three tablespoons of sour cream or serve the sour cream separately next to them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4922121365690931/k2311a1222/12.22.10