Tippmann Alpha Black Paintball Gun  » Sport  »
  • I've seen the gun bashed on rocks, trees, shrubs, only to fire perfectly moments later

• by Citherians

The Tippmann Alpha Black Paintball Marker is one of the more common guns I’ve come across playing paintball. I own one myself, and have been extremely pleased with its performance. It’s rugged.

It won’t break. I’ve seen the gun bashed on rocks, trees, shrubs, only to fire perfectly moments later.

I currently own the stock edition, with no stock or actual sights. It’s still very accurate, I can vividly remember splattering paint on the top of my friend’s head from quite a distance away.

It always fires consistently,

with an eleven-inch barrel it’s suited to long and short-range firefights. I haven’t seen it chop a paintball yet, despite having shot up to 7 balls a second.

Since I usually play with my A-5, I lend my Alpha Black to a friend who is looking into getting a paintball gun. He’s hit me in the face from a distance and angle that’s almost impossible for a paintball gun.

This is a testament to a) his shooting, and b) the range and consistency of the Alpha Black. He ...

• saw where the paintball went and how it arced through the air; so he adjusted and fired.

The paintball went the same way it had before, this time striking me in the center of my mask. The Alpha Black standard barrel can handle a variety of paint, which means an easier time of finding the right paint.

It also only costs around a $100 for the standard setup, $130 for the Tactical Edition, which includes a front rail, sights, and a stock. For

$170, you can also get an E-trigger, which allows for fully-automatic and burst firing.

There are some concerns about it’s heavier weight, weighing in at eleven pounds. But it’s really not of much note, as the heavier frame allows for a more stable firing position.

Fairly inexpensive for what you get, the Alpha Black is an excellent starter or backup paintball gun in case your main one malfunctions or breaks. Or, it’s entirely possible to just stick with it throughout your paintballing days, as it’s all you’ll ever need.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3522121365550831/k2311a1222/12.22.10