Pixi Gel Liner in Onyx  » Cosmetics  »
  • Fortunately, I purchased the Pixi Gel Liner in Onyx and I love it
  • It is actually much easier to use than liquid liner, in my opinion
  • Unfortunately, I do not really like the brush that comes with the Pixi Gel Liner, but that’s okay because I have my own angled liner brush that I use instead
  • It was definitely much more expensive than all of the other drugstore brand gel liners that I saw on the shelf
  • I think every girl should own a gel liner in her makeup collection and the Pixi brand of liner is a great option

• by Intensify

Gel liner seems to be getting more and more popular these days. Every makeup artist is using it. Every photoshoot in every magazine features a model wearing gel liner. I have heard rave reviews about how intense and dramatic gel liner can make the eyes look. Like any other makeup product that is being hyped up, I knew that I had to buy one for myself. I have only worn gel liner a few times in the past and had never actually owned any myself. Since I had previously worn it, I knew what I was looking for and what I would like or not like. Fortunately, I purchased the Pixi Gel Liner in Onyx and I love it.

There are so many wonderful things to say about the Pixi Gel Liner. It stays on the lash line very well. It doesn’t budge at all like a lot of other liners. Another thing that I love is

that it is easy to put on once you get the hang of it. Most girls are not used to putting on gel liner because you have to dip an angled brush into the gel and then apply it, but I find it to be a really easy process. It is actually much easier to use than liquid liner, in my opinion. It is just very hard to mess up the line you’re creating with this gel liner because it goes on so smoothly. I love not having to go back and redraw the line or use makeup remover to correct little imperfections along my eye. I can get my liner done in literally one swipe of the brush and then move on to the next step in my beauty routine without missing a beat. Unfortunately, I do not really like the brush that comes with the Pixi Gel Liner, but that’s okay because I have my own ...

• angled liner brush that I use instead. If you are someone who does not already have a brush that you could use, I would suggest purchasing a separate one from the one you’ll be getting with this liner.

I do not think I have ever had such intense eyeliner before. I do not know what it is about gel versus liquid versus pencil liner but for whatever reason, I am finding that gel looks much more intense than either pencil or liquid. It creates such a bold line. This is not the kind of liner I would wear to work or to school (because it is not subtle at all), but for a night out, it would be perfect.

One thing I do not like about the Pixi Gel Liner is how expensive it is. One very small jar of this product is about 20 dollars. I picked it up at my local Target. It was definitely much more

expensive than all of the other drugstore brand gel liners that I saw on the shelf. The saving grace is that you really do not need that much of this product to line your eyes each time. I have started using it daily because I like gel liner so much and even though I use it on such a regular basis, I have not really made much of a dent in the jar at all. Overall, I have to give the Pixi Gel Liner in Onyx a rating of a 9 out of 10. The price is the only thing that I really have to complain about but even though it is an expense, I will definitely continue to purchase this gel liner in the future because I love how dramatic it can make my eyes look. I think every girl should own a gel liner in her makeup collection and the Pixi brand of liner is a great option.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121121364731131/k2311a1221/12.21.10