Breakfast Best Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick  » Food  »
  • It sounds tasty, sure, but I found this breakfast item to be kind of dry
  • The pork sausage seemed to be cooked fairly well, although I like mine really well done, and I wouldn't say that this sausage was as well done as I would've liked it to have been

• by CirclingCanvas

The Breakfast Best Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick package contains ten pancake and sausage sticks for four dollars and thirty cents at ALDI Food Market stores. The pancake and sausage sticks look a lot like corn dogs and are eaten like corn dogs. In the middle and partially held with a stick is a pork sausage link and surrounding the sausage link is pancake batter. It sounds tasty, sure, but I found this breakfast item to be kind of dry. I don’t put just syrup on my pancakes. I imagine I’m like most people, and thus put both butter and syrup on my pancakes. Eating one of these pancake and sausage sticks is kind of like

eating pancakes without any butter. There’s not as much flavor and they’re kind of dry compared to pancakes with butter spread across the top.

Now this breakfast food isn’t bad. It’s got flavor and it’s good, to an extent. The pork sausage seemed to be cooked fairly well, although I like mine really well done, and I wouldn’t say that this sausage was as well done as I would’ve liked it to have been. There was some maple flavoring, and I liked that added sweetness, but I still had to dunk these pancake and sausage sticks in syrup. Having one of these sticks seemed to amount to basically one pancake and one sausage link, so one was ...

• kind of filling, but not very filling. After I spread my own butter across the pancake and sausage stick and added some scrambled eggs and toast, I found this breakfast food to be more satisfying than without those two additions. Basically, if I made my own silver dollar pancakes and my own sausage links, and wrapped a buttered pancake around a well-done sausage link, I’m sure I’d enjoy that more than this frozen breakfast food, but that obviously requires a lot more time and work, whereas this breakfast food product offers convenience and more than passable flavor and quality.

The Breakfast Best Pancakes & Sausage on a Stick breakfast food is satisfactory, but not exactly exceptional. The sausage

links have a good flavor and I liked the added maple sweetness, even if it was relatively mild. The pancake batter wasn’t bad, but seemed more than a little dry, even with syrup, so adding butter was necessary, for me. One of these breakfast sticks alone didn’t leave me filling full enough to start my day, but once I added some scrambled eggs, I was satisfied. This breakfast food product is easy to fix in the oven and is ready well before a half an hour passes. This is a good breakfast food product, although it’s not one that was particularly memorable or impressive. I feel a “7″ rating is a pretty fitting score to award this breakfast food product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2721121364341031/k2311a1221/12.21.10