St. Ives Apricot Scrub  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • It may be true that you are getting rid of some bad stuff, however you are also eliminating the helpful oils that make your skin healthy

• by Agoobacha

I am utterly shocked by how many people swear by St. Ives Apricot Scrub. This is something that has often baffled me because the product is not only ineffective, it is actual harmful to your skin. Those little beads used as a scrubbing substance, irritate and tear your skin, resulting in a red, dry, and flaky mess that probably would not have been that bad without the help of this famous cleanser.

I have given this product many chances and have always been on the losing end of the bargain. When my skin was breaking out, I used the

regular St Ives Scrub. My skin, which is not normally over-sensitive to products, reacted very badly, getting extremely red and flaky. I abstained from using this product for a long time, until someone suggested that perhaps I had selected the wrong cleanser for my skin type. I then gave St Ives another chance, this time using the Sensitive Skin formula to absolutely no avail. Even when marketed to those with sensitive skin, St. Ives is still painful to use and completely ineffectual. Since this incident, I have only used the product occasionally, in situations where a face cleanser is ...

• badly needed and nothing else is available. Although I have not seen anything horrific happen after only occasional use, this is a cleanser that is meant to be used several times a week or, in the case of the Sensitive Skin formula, every day, which does not seem like a good idea to me.

Upon visiting a dermatologist, I asked the doctor regarding this product and he categorically forbade me to use it, explaining that it does NOT help in cases of acne, blackheads, or blemishes because it is simply too strong and abrasive. For the life of me

I do not understand the widespread popularity of this product. I suppose it has something to do with the fact that the scrubbing sensation provided by St. Ives makes users feel as if they are actually exfoliating and getting rid of the dirt in their pores. It may be true that you are getting rid of some bad stuff, however you are also eliminating the helpful oils that make your skin healthy. Stay away from this product if your skin is a concern for you! For better solutions, look to Olay Foaming Face Wash or Neutrogena’s Oil Free Acne Wash.

St. Ives Apricot Scrub

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3121121363880931/k2311a1221/12.21.10