Final Doom, Playstation  » Games  »
  • I didn't have the opportunity to play all those Doom games on the PC but I have seen them before I bought Final Doom for the Playstation and I was pretty sure they were good games to play even before I actually played any of them
  • But this is Final Doom, which is not usually regarded as the best of the Doom series when it comes to the PC versions
  • I think that even the sound effects were remastered for the Playstation

• by Hadoken

Final Doom for the Sony Playstation was one game I spent quite some time playing during the 32 bit era. I didn’t have the opportunity to play all those Doom games on the PC but I have seen them before I bought Final Doom for the Playstation and I was pretty sure they were good games to play even before I actually played any of them.

But this is Final Doom, which is not usually regarded as the best

of the Doom series when it comes to the PC versions.

But the Playstationversion is awesome, yes they changes the classic music into a dark,atmospheric onslaught that allway left me feeling just a bit ill after playing for 8 hours straight.

It’s not a bad game at all, infact it utilizes the Playstation controller really well and all the movements such as strafing, running and jumping are all easy to perform.

The graphics are nice and the extra levels ...

• that the PC version didn’t get in its release of Final Doom is a bonus.

I think that even the sound effects were remastered for the Playstation.

There’s something about the atmospheric soundtrack on the Playstation version that just makes it feel like a more horrific game.

It really does add more depth to the acoustics of the rest of the environments in the game as the beasts in the next room growl and snarl.

What I liked best

about it was the fast response of the controls and having all the controls in my hands, not having to find which key does what on a keyboard (even though I didn’t play the PC version until later).

Something else I really like about this Playstation game was you didn’t need to have a memory card to save your game as there were no save data capabilities programmed into the game, all you needed was the passwords displayed after completing a stage.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2821121363450831/k2311a1221/12.21.10