CVS Pro Vitamin Silky Smooth Shampoo 25.4 oz  » Health  »
  • Wanting to save my money for my vacation, I decided to try a generic (store brand) of the shampoo I was using at the time, which was Pantene’s Pro V
  • I found a comparable alternative to the Pantene at a CVS pharmacy near my hotel
  • I believe the Pantene was a 2 in 1 formula and this was not, but it looked like it might be a good fit for my hair, since I was dealing with some frizz and static due to the weather
  • I thought it best, in case for some reason the shampoo did something weird to my hair
  • I have more recently started using a lot of salon brands, as my hair has changed texture a bit in the last couple of years, but I would still consider using this brand, especially if CVS has another great sale like they did the day I bought my bottle of their “smoothing” shampoo

• by reviewabit

I spent a week out of town and ran out of shampoo on the second night. Wanting to save my money for my vacation, I decided to try a generic (store brand) of the shampoo I was using at the time, which was Pantene’s Pro V. I found a comparable alternative to the Pantene at a CVS pharmacy near my hotel. It read “silky smooth formula” and was recommended for dry, frizzy and fly away hair.

It was not the same exact copy of the Pantene I had been using. I believe the Pantene was a 2 in 1 formula and this was not, but it looked like it might be a good fit for my hair, since I was dealing with some frizz and static due to the

weather. It was a big 25 ounce bottle on sale for nearly half its regular price, so it was a deal that I could not refuse.

I decided to try it out that night instead of waiting until the morning when I would be rushing around trying to get ready for the day. I thought it best, in case for some reason the shampoo did something weird to my hair. Not that I don’t trust CVS brands, but you never know! It was a risk I took when I bought the item.

When I washed my hair, the shampoo felt great. It had a rich creamy lather, a nice soft scent, similar to Pantene’s own scent– and it rinsed easily and left my hair ...

• feeling very soft and smooth. When I dried my hair, it did look smoother and shiner.

The next day, when I went to style my hair, there was no static or flyaways. There was a little bit of frizz still, but one cannot expect miracles. I treated the frizz with a styling product and all was well.

The shampoo left my hair feeling light and clean. I was worried it might have had some additives that would weigh the hair down or reduce the volume, but this didn’t seem to be the case. I continued using this shampoo throughout the trip and for several weeks after I got back home.

The large bottle lasted a long time. I did switch to another brand while I

still had some left in the bottle, because I felt my hair might be getting some build up, so I used a shampoo designed to eliminate build up. After this, the CVS formula worked a bit better.

I think it is a good product and similar to Pantene’s level of quality. I would definitely recommend that Pantene users try it out and see if they might be able to save a lot of money on their hair care. I have more recently started using a lot of salon brands, as my hair has changed texture a bit in the last couple of years, but I would still consider using this brand, especially if CVS has another great sale like they did the day I bought my bottle of their “smoothing” shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420121363110331/k2311a1220/12.20.10