Clairol Natural Instincts Color, 020 Hazelnut  » Health  »
  • Unfortunately, after I dried y hair, it was apparent that the coverage was not complete

• by reviewabit

I recently decided to try a semi permanent hair color, since my hair is getting progressively damaged from permanent color. I am 100% gray naturally, and have been since my early thirties. I normally use permanent color by Loreal’s Feria. My mom and some of my friends use this Clairol Natural Instincts hair color and love it.

They suggested I try it, as it would not be as damaging to my hair as what I have been using. I had a bit of a struggle to find the color I wanted to use. There are many to choose from, but an exact match just didn’t seem to be there.

I finally chose the Hazelnut color, because it looked similar enough to my own color, but looked

more intense in a way that I liked. I was not expecting the color to last more than a week or two, since I wash my hair often. Applying the color was simple and went flawlessly.

It was nice not to have the strong ammonia smell. I applied exactly as directed, and left it on for the maximum time allowed. I did manage to spill a drop onto a white cloth as I passed by the table.

That, ironically, seems to be permanent, until I can treat it with some bleach. When I went to rinse out the color, it felt great. My hair still felt like hair and not a wet mop like it did with permanent color products.

The tube of conditioner they gave ...

• me was absolutely fantastic and I wish they sold it separately, because I would never use anything else if they did. It transforms even the dryest feeling tangled mess into silky, soft, shiny hair. Fortunately, there’s enough in that tube to last for quite a few shampoos, as you don’t have to use very much of it at once.

It smells really nice too. Unfortunately, after I dried y hair, it was apparent that the coverage was not complete. There was a very definite line where my roots still showed gray.

The rest of my hair had a nice glow to it, and I did like the color– but it wasn’t quite powerful enough to cover my gray at the top. Within a week, it was

almost gone anyway– the color, the glow, everything except the wonderful conditioner that was left over. I’ve seen other people’s hair after using this same color product, and it seems to cover them just as well as permanent color.

This is just not the case with me. I talked to my hairdresser about the experiment, and she said that I just have very resistant gray hair. Not everyone gets coverage from semi permanent colors.

I’m not going to give this product a bad rating, because it is a good product– it just wasn’t right for my hair type. I see great results on others, that’s why I was hopeful that I would get the same. I tried! I still think the conditioner is almost worth buying the whole box for!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420121363100331/k2311a1220/12.20.10