Puffs Plus Lotion with the Scent of Vicks Facial Tissues 48 ct
  • But like most people, I enjoy using it and love the smell
  • I highly recommend this little useful luxury for when you have a cold, flu, or sinus issue

• by reviewabit

This review is for a lovely little green box of facial tissues that are a must have for me when I have a cold. Puffs Plus is not only the softest tissue ever, but with the lotion and the Vicks scent added, they are perfect for cold and flu noses. The lotion helps to keep the nose from getting to chapped. All the sneezing of a bad cold can wreck the skin on your nose, and make it very sore as well.

I hate to be left with a sore, red, flaky nose after having a bad cold. It’s just not attractive at all. These

tissues help to prevent that– just be sure to use them from the start of the cold.

If you are not able to use them from the start, they can still make you much more comfortable even if the damage is already done. The lotion in each tissue makes it silky soft to your sore nose and eliminates discomfort on an ongoing basis with each sneeze or wipe. These tissues are also thick and strong, which you’ll need with a bad cold.

I’ve resorted to paper towels in the past when regular tissues are just not cutting it– but paper towels soon leave a very scratchy and sore nose.

These Puffs are well worth the investment to improve your sick nose care. As well as the softness and moisture treatment, these have a little something extra– the scent of Vicks Vaporub.

Some people feel that the Vicks aroma can help to open the sinuses. I personally think it just gives a cool sensation that makes it seem like they are more open. But like most people, I enjoy using it and love the smell.

It makes me feel pampered, and like I am doing something proactive for the cold. With a sore nose, the Vicks scent in the tissues gives a slight cooling effect.

•  Puffs Plus Lotion with the Scent of Vicks Facial Tissues 48 ct
      I should warn here that if your nose is extremely sore, it might actually be a bit irritating to the skin, but for me this is usually not the case, as I try to start treating my nose with care as soon as the sneezy phase of the cold hits.

The box of thick, scented tissues will not last long, but they are worth it. I usually buy two boxes. I only use these tissues for cold care.

I find them a little too expensive to use for daily tissues and I wouldn’t want to anyway. Vicks is wonderful, but it’s not something you

want on your tissue every single time you use one. You wouldn’t want to wipe your eyes with one, for example… because the Vicks would definitely not feel good in your eye.

What I normally do is hide the box of Puffs with Vicks away in the cabinet and only bring it out when I have a cold. One thing to note, once the box has been opened, the Vicks scent will fade within a few weeks. This is another reason to reserve them just for colds and flu.

I highly recommend this little useful luxury for when you have a cold, flu, or sinus issue.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3420121363050331/k2311a1220/12.20.10