Ouran High School Host Club Episode 1 (Anime)
  • I like this show, even though it makes me slap my forehead a lot due to the humor and other things clearly aimed at an Otaku audience who is really into anime and Japanese culture in general, of which I am not really an Otaku, I watch anime, but it’s not because I’m really into Japanese culture, it’s because I like the stories
  • The English dub is interesting and very well done, especially since they pronounced all the Japanese Honorifics and pronunciation correct and they are all very talented
  • I enjoyed this show even though I’m not really into shojo at all

• by ReViewMeMedia

Ouran High School Host Club Episode 1 starts outside a school and is about a high school student named Haruhi Fujioka, an honors student in an elite, private school where students from rich, wealthy families go to school. One day she wanders into Music Room 3 to look for a place to study. Instead she discovers the Ouran High School Host Club, a group of boys who entertain the rich ladies of the school. Haruhi has to pay back an eight million Yen debt after she accidentally breaks an expensive vase she has to become a host herself.

Ouran High School Host Club is a

shojo, which means the intended audience is teenage girls. This is normally a show that I would have no interest in whatsoever if it weren’t for the fact that all my favorite Englsh dub voice actors are in this. I have tried more than once to what’s this show and I’ve finally made myself sit down and start this anime.

• I watch anime, but it’s not because I’m really into Japanese culture, it’s because I like the stories.

One of the great things going for Ouran High School Host Club is the excellent English dub cast. You couldn’t ask for a more A+ dub cast than Caitlin Glass as Haruhi Fujioka, Vic Mignogna as Tamaki Suou, Greg Ayres as Kaoru Hitachiin, J. Michael Tatum as Kyoya Ohtori, Luci Christian as Mitsukuni “Honey” Haninozuka, Todd Haberkorn as Hikaru Hitachiin, and Travis Willingham as Takashi Morinozuka.

they are all very talented. I enjoyed this show even though I’m not really into shojo at all. I have only watched one Shojo, RomeoXJuliet, but I will say that Ouran High School Host Club is a great and entertaining show. It may not appeal to guys but if you’re a girl and enjoy a good shojo comedy, this is a good anime for you.

Funimation is streaming Ouran High School Host Club on their website subbed and dubbed on their website Funimation.com/video under the title “Ouran High School Host Club”. It’s available on DVD and you can buy it on Amazon.com or RightStuf.com.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1120121362320231/k2311a1220/12.20.10