Family Guy - Road to the North Pole  » TV  »
2.0
  • I like him in Bones, but there was so much potential in what he could have done

• by sarahdragon26

I have to admit, I was expecting the worst when it came to this episode. After the disaster of the last episode, I was expecting to be disappointment and bored. My disappointment was mild and my boredom was limited, but this episode, like all the others this season, have fallen far short of the Family Guy’s of previous seasons.

Getting his own father to narrate the beginning was a nice touch and he was funny. He reminded me of an older and grayer Peter Griffin. But as to the rest of the story, It could have been done in the normal half an hour and no one would be the wiser that they cut stuff out.

The journey to the North Pole could have been a time for

slap-stick humor or jokes between Brian and Stewie, but instead, they bring in David Boreanaz. Not that he isn’t an excellent actor. I like him in Bones, but there was so much potential in what he could have done. An example is when Brian and Stewie drive away on the snowmobile, I was waiting for David Boreanaz to say something funny or call them stupid, or something. It just ends the scene with him smiling. Talk about killing the humor and the expectations to be honest.

And I’ve come to notice that in every Road to…. Episodes that Family Guy has, there’s at least one or two songs in them. I love that. The songs are normally really funny, like the Road to Multiverse where they’re in the ...

• Disney Universe and singing about pie. It’s a cute, funny little song. This time, the song was about everyone wanting something special for Christmas and about how Christmas is killing Santa and the elves. Talk about bringing the Christmas season and cheer to a grinding halt. The whole episode’s message was a little to preachy, especially for a Family Guy episode.

And the one part that could have done completely without, was the scene were Brian and Stewie are being Santa, where they beat up the mother and father, in front of the kid. Terrible, awful scene. And it wasn’t for what they did. It was because they just couldn’t seem to be going anywhere with the scene, just trying to cover themselves and making a terrible mess

of the supposed humor. And through the whole episode Brian has continued on the character that this season had made for him. A whinning, complaining character that just gets on my nerves. He used to not care who he annoys or what he says. And now he has this long-standing fight with Quagmire. Just beat each other up and call it a day. It’s not funny.

Again this episode was another hit and miss. I feel like the only way I’m ever going to really enjoy Family Guy’s newer episodes is if I don’t know exactly what I’m watching, then I won’t have any expectations. As it’s going, I will watch the episodes to see how they do, in enjoying them. Maybe five minutes out of the whole episode are enjoyable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1020121361790131/k2311a1220/12.20.10