New Purina Dog Chow
0.5
  • I know it's not the best dog food on the market due to its low quality ingredients, so at one point I did lots of research seeking better quality dog food
  • The vet said it was an allergy problem and the only thing that has changed was the Dog Chow formula
  • I definitely do not recommend this product

• by fox_girl

My dogs and foxes are my family. My italian greyhound Bella, golden retriever mix Teddy, english bulldog Puba, and foxes Misty, Rusty, and Shawnee have always used Purina Dog Chow. I know it’s not the best dog food on the market due to its low quality ingredients, so at one point I did lots of research seeking better quality dog food. I wanted to find something healthier but due to tons of recalls from other brands, I chose to stick with Dog Chow because I felt safer feeding them a food that had never been recalled.

Now, however, Purina has changed

its Dog Chow formula. My dogs and foxes have been eating this new formula food for about 2 months now and I have seen their weight drop drastically, though I’m feeding the same amount. All dogs and foxes have lots weight. Bella and Teddy’s fur started thinning even though it’s winter! Bella’s skin started getting very dry and she has started itching and even developed hives at one point! The vet said it was an allergy problem and the only thing that has changed was the Dog Chow formula. My dogs’ wastes have doubled in size since the formula change and ...

• the foxes all developed diarrhea. I knew the dog food was the culprit so I knew I needed to make a change. The dogs and foxes have now been switched to Blue Buffalo. In the 3 weeks since they’ve been switched, fur has been growing back, Bella has stopped itching and her dandruff from her dry skin is almost completely gone! The coats of all of my pets are more shiny, soft, and healthy than they have ever been! I knew the dog food was of less than ideal quality, but I can not believe the difference I have seen since
        I stopped using Purina Dog Chow!

I encourage you to think twice before using Purina Dog Chow. Their prices are cheap, but that’s only because the ingredients are cheap. The corn, soy, artifical colors and flavors, by-products, and other terrible ingredients contained in this product do not belong in dog food. It also contains several potentially dangerous additives such as menadione sodium bisulfite complex which has been proven to cause damage to animals’ organs, and animal digest which is a product made from ANY animal including road kill and 4D (diseased, disabled, dying, and dead before slaughter) animals.

I definitely do not recommend this product!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2920121361341231/k2311a1220/12.20.10