The Muppets Christmas Carol (1992 Film)  » Movies  »
  • I was a fan of the Muppets as a child and seeing them in a film playing out the roles that I know all too well of the Christmas Carol was really wonderful
  • If you have not already seen this film, then you should consider watching it during the holiday season and see for yourself the innocent puppet like quality of the classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge surrounded by a cast of Muppets
  • And Gonzo and Rizzo narrate the entire film so that viewers can follow along easily and be charmed with their comedic acts throughout the film which I really enjoyed

• by Susanna Frank

One of my favorite Christmas films of all time is the 1992 “The Muppets Christmas Carol”. I was a fan of the Muppets as a child and seeing them in a film playing out the roles that I know all too well of the Christmas Carol was really wonderful. All of my favorite Muppet characters taking on the roles of Bob Crotchet and his wife as well as Fuzzy Wig and many other characters from the Christmas Carol story. If you have not

already seen this film, then you should consider watching it during the holiday season and see for yourself the innocent puppet like quality of the classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge surrounded by a cast of Muppets.

This story is just like the original Christmas Carol story. Except with a cast of Muppets as I have mentioned earlier. And I am not sure why, but it gives the film a more childlike and innocent quality that is reminiscent of my childhood and that is a ...

• feeling that I really like about this film. I also like that even though the Muppets are part of the cast in this film, that it doesn’t draw away from the seriousness behind the moral of the story. The message is still very clear and the movie is still very much appropriate for adults as well as children.

There is also some comedy to this film as well, because of course there can’t be the Muppets in a film without it being a little

funny. And Gonzo and Rizzo narrate the entire film so that viewers can follow along easily and be charmed with their comedic acts throughout the film which I really enjoyed.

If you have not yet seen this film during the Christmas season, than I strongly suggest that you do. It really is a wonderful holiday film that families can enjoy and love for many years to come, the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge does not get old, and neither will the incorporation of the Muppets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117121361270831/k2311a1217/12.17.10