Up To You for her by Avon (perfume )  » Perfume  »
  • Though I work in a perfume store, I am still very keen on most fragrances that are made by Avon, and am particularly impressed with their latest addition to hit the brochures in about 2 weeks time
  • I was hesitant after reading the notes contained at first as I'm not normally a fan of floral based fragrances, with Rose as an exception, but I decided that I would at least test this perfume out as it was given to me as a sample and it would have been rude not to at least wear it a few times
  • What I found was once the magnolia started to come through it combined so well with the opening note of peach that it wasn't flowery at all
  • In fact the mixture of both of these notes makes such a captivating and feminine scent it's almost delicious

• by ticktock

Though I work in a perfume store, I am still very keen on most fragrances that are made by Avon, and am particularly impressed with their latest addition to hit the brochures in about 2 weeks time.

The one I am now reviewing is called Up To You for her but this is being launched at the same time as a male fragrance entitled Up To You for him and are in matching ‘designer’ looking bottles.

I received a full sized sample bottle of this and it comes in a 50ml Eau de toilette spray, but until it’s release date I can’t comment on price though it is rumored to be around the £18 mark.

The design of the bottle is very plain and simplistic looking in the fact it’s a rather basic, upright standing rectangular shape. It’s most defining feature is the pattern which adorns the glass towards the base; it is a semi circle design which if placed next to the male scent makes what looks like a heart. Whether it

is supposed to be is to be left to the imagination but I must confess at liking this idea. The colouring of the glass is a warm pinky colour whereas the semi circle design is a darker slightly embossed pattern which all in all is quite aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Up To Her is made up of some very clean and basic notes which go in keeping with the bottle design and are:

Top notes~ Peach Zest

Heart notes~ Magnolia

Base notes~ Sandalwood

Once this is sprayed on to my skin I can instantly make out the opening fruity notes of the peach. It has a zing to it, though it’s far from zesty but it is enough to tease the nostrils into what else is to come.

As soon as the zesty peach has become comfortable on my skin and the whole fragrance starts to settle, the beautiful heart note of the magnolia starts to shine through. I was hesitant after reading the notes contained at first as I’m not normally a fan of floral ...

• based fragrances, with Rose as an exception, but I decided that I would at least test this perfume out as it was given to me as a sample and it would have been rude not to at least wear it a few times.

What I found was once the magnolia started to come through it combined so well with the opening note of peach that it wasn’t flowery at all. In fact the mixture of both of these notes makes such a captivating and feminine scent it’s almost delicious.

The overall aroma that is left after around half an hour is soft and woody thanks to the introduction of the sandalwood. This adds the finishing touch to the fragrance making it creamy and velvety once applied to the skin.

It has a subtle warmth to it that isn’t too obvious and has real staying power; lasting for anything from 3 hours plus when worn so it definitely gets the thumbs up from me for that reason alone.

Would I recommend this?

Avon

seems to be taking over the market for affordable high street fragrances these days and they are going from strength to strength with this latest addition. I haven’t sampled the male version so I can’t comment on whether it’s in the same league as this female fragrance but if it is half as good then Avon will be clapping their hands with glee.

This seems best suited for daytime usage as I have worn it on several occasions at different times of the day and evening, but found it is not versatile for evening wear as it just isn’t strong enough, but that is just my personal opinion.

It is a light but very feminine scent that lingers delicately on my skin when applied and evokes images of Spring walks in the park. It is suited more to the warmer weather but I’m a great believer in wearing what you want when you want as there are no rules.

I would say this is worth trying when it is launched especially if you like fruity/ floral fusions..if you do then this is perfect.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5617121361210831/k2311a1217/12.17.10