Caribou Coffee Peach Black Signature Iced Tea
  • I think the ripe fruity flavor of peaches is great when combined with rich black tea

• by sarahanne

I think the ripe fruity flavor of peaches is great when combined with rich black tea. I tried this tea at my local Caribou Coffee out of a desire to find out how well they would mix these flavors together.

I think really well-made, simple black tea is a wonderful thing, either hot or iced.

But I was expecting that the addition of peach flavoring would only improve the taste.

When

I tasted this tea, I was very pleased.

I could taste the strong peach flavor from the peach syrup, which I liked very much and thought was delightful.

But there was an additional element of flavor in this tea and I couldn’t figure out what it was.

I later discovered that the black tea base was infused with mango flavoring, which I think actually enhanced the peach syrup flavor.

It was ...

• really a pleasant experience.

I have found that it is easy to put more syrup in these teas than is normally called for, making them almost unpalatable.

But I actually think the ratio of sweetness to tea was really quite well-managed, so that I wasn’t gagging on the sugar but I also wasn’t wondering where it was either.

I think the amount of sweetener in this beverage was just right.

As

a small serving, this tea provides 80 calories and 20 grams of sugar.

There is a lot more caffeine in this tea than some of the other Caribou Coffee Signature Iced Tea offerings, because black tea has a greater caffeine content than other kinds of tea.

This variety has 108 milligrams of caffeine per serving, so anyone who is sensitive to caffeine may find that this tea is not really for them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121360800831/k2311a1217/12.17.10