Caribou Coffee Pluot Green Signature Iced Tea
  • I thought this tea sounded interesting, since I so rarely encounter items made with pluot flavoring
  • When I happened into my local Caribou Coffee, they were giving out free samples of this tea to customers, so I thought I’d try it and see what I thought of it
  • I think the tea itself is very pretty to look at
  • It had a strong, sweet plum taste that was delicious
  • It also contains 53 grams of caffeine, which I like

• by sarahanne

I thought this tea sounded interesting, since I so rarely encounter items made with pluot flavoring. Pluot is a hybrid fruit that is a combination of a plum and apricot. When I happened into my local Caribou Coffee, they were giving out free samples of this tea to customers, so I thought I’d try it and see what I thought of it.

The makeup of this tea is fairly straightforward. It is made with a

pluot-flavored syrup and is mixed with green tea and shaken together over ice cubes.

I think the tea itself is very pretty to look at; it has a lovely pinkish color. I wasn’t sure what to expect from the pluot flavoring.

I have had the pluot fruits before, and I remember them being very sweet and juicy. The pluot flavoring was very good and I think it probably approximated the taste of pluots very nicely.

...

• It had a strong, sweet plum taste that was delicious. Some drinks that use these types of syrup overdo it, and the drink just ends up tasting like slightly diluted syrup.

I think the syrup in this drink could very well could have been overpowering, but in this beverage, the green tea helped to mitigate some of the sweetness, which I really appreciated. I thought the green tea had a nice presence in the

drink, neither too weak nor too strong.

I really liked the balance of the flavors in this beverage. A small serving of this Pluot Green Signature Iced Tea offers 90 calories and 23 grams of sugar.

It also contains 53 grams of caffeine, which I like. After my free sample, I ended up buying a whole serving of this tea, I liked it so much.

I think it’s a good, refreshing, somewhat off-the-beaten path kind of iced tea.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121360780831/k2311a1217/12.17.10