www.suite101.com
2.5
  • The first issue that I had about Suite 101 was that it was not open to all
  • I think that if you could get in and really knew how to market your profile and articles then you could make some money, but if you are a novice freelance writer or one who does not like revenue sharing then you should probably stay away from this site
  • Overall I cannot say that I would recommend this website for novice writers

• by webgirl40

As a freelance writer I have cause to look into and join many writing sites. One of the sites which I joined was Suite101.com. This site pays freelance writers to write good articles on a variety of subjects. I was a member of this site for 8 months before I gave up and canceled my account.

The first issue that I had about Suite 101 was that it was not open to all. In order to become a member you have to apply and let a group of editors review your work. Being edited

did not bother me, but what I was irritated with was that I was denied on three separate occasions within 5 minutes of submitting my application. I did eventually get in and was excited at the opportunity to earn a few extra bucks.

However I soon found out that Suite 101 pays only by revenue sharing. This means you only get a small amount for every 1000 times that your articles are viewed. I had assumed that since it was hard getting in that the writers who did make it would be compensated by upfront ...

• payments. Sadly this is not the case. I wrote 50 articles for which I had only earned about $10.00 while the company had been taking the majority of the revenue from my articles. I spoke to a friend who writes for them and she said that she had to submit over 250 articles before she started getting anything substantial from this site.

or one who does not like revenue sharing then you should probably stay away from this site. It lets you write whatever you want but making money with them is hard. I will not reapply to work for them until they start offering upfront payments.

Overall I cannot say that I would recommend this website for novice writers. It is pretty hard to get into and you won’t make much money unless you are great at internet marketing. However, I think that it would be a great website for anyone very experienced with freelance writing.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2017121360660731/k2311a1217/12.17.10