Caribou Coffee Mint Lime White Signature Iced Tea
  • Caribou Coffee has a reputation for providing a variety of delicious and innovative coffee and tea beverages
  • I like going there and trying something new every time
  • I opted for their Mint Lime White tea because I enjoy white tea
  • I think that the mint and lime combination makes an interesting and refreshing flavor combination, one that I wasn’t expecting to go well together, yet it did
  • One of the pluses about this tea in my opinion is that it is very high in vitamin C

• by sarahanne

Caribou Coffee has a reputation for providing a variety of delicious and innovative coffee and tea beverages. I like going there and trying something new every time. This past summer they introduced signature flavored iced teas, and I finally decided to try them.

I opted for their Mint Lime White tea because I enjoy white tea. This particular iced tea is made with a special kind of white tea extract

and limeade syrup, and is flavored with fresh chopped mint.

In general, I liked the way this tasted. I think that the mint and lime combination makes an interesting and refreshing flavor combination, one that I wasn’t expecting to go well together, yet it did.

The sweetness of the limeade was overpowering at times, though. I like my iced tea mildly to moderately sweetened, so this took a little bit ...

• of getting used to.

I’ve had white tea before, and it is a very mild-tasting tea, in my opinion one that doesn’t do well with competing flavors because it tends to be easily overwhelmed by them. I couldn’t really make out the white tea in this concoction.

But maybe the mint and lime were supposed to take over the tea? I’m not sure, but I would have appreciated a more

balanced integration of the flavors. Overall, I will say this beverage is quite tasty, though, and very welcome on a hot day.

I think it’s definitely worth a try for iced tea fans. A small serving of this tea contains 340 calories and a gram of fat.

It also contains 83 grams of caffeine. One of the pluses about this tea in my opinion is that it is very high in vitamin C.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121360650731/k2311a1217/12.17.10