Bad Experience With Vasoline Self Tanning Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
1.5
  • I decided to try it and paid about $8.00 for it at my local walmart
  • I had only used for a few days when I noticed that my skin was getting an orange hue to it
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone
  • I will not use it again and am very disappointed

• by webgirl40

Vaseline Healthy Body Glow Daily Replenishing Moisturizer and Touch of Self Tanner. With summer being over I really wanted a self tanning lotion that would extend the life of my tan without making me look orange. I did some research and found some acceptable reviews about this product. I decided to try it and paid about $8.00 for it at my local walmart.

It supposedly worked the each individuals skin chemistry to give them a natural looking skin tone similar to that of a tan. I read the directions thoroughly and found that you were supposed to use this product

just like you would a normal everyday body lotion. The only difference being is that you had to make sure that it was rubbed in completely otherwise it would stain your clothes. It also stressed that one should always wash their hands after use for the same reason.

I used this product for a week and got rid of it. I really hated this product. The self tanner in the lotion turned my skin orange and gave me skin this really terrible chemical smell. I had only used for a few days when I noticed that my skin was ...

• getting an orange hue to it. I was so upset because usually I have had decent luck with the Vaseline lotions.

It took two weeks for the orange hue to my skin to fade. Luckily it was not on my face so it was not too embarrassing, but I was still embarrassed about my arms and legs. It did finally go away though so I have learned my lesson. I am really glad that I did not use it for any longer then a few days. I am afraid that if I had the orange hue to my skin would

have been much worse than what it was. I would not recommend this product to anyone. It made me orange and smelled terrible. It was way over priced and cheap. I was a terrible product especially for a company as well established as Vaseline.

I will not use it again and am very disappointed. I am now using Olay which I love. The bottle is not near as big, but it smells much nicer and has given my skin a very natural look. If I was to recommend a self tanning lotion it would be Olay over Vaseline any day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3117121360530731/k2311a1217/12.17.10