Rajdhani Express  » Railway  »
0.5
New Delhi to Ranchi
  • Rajdhani Express is considered as the best train in India
  • The problem for me starts at the same time
  • I thought the ordeal was over and the journey will be smooth as provided by other Rajdhani Express
  • As a rule, water is served free of cost on Rajdhani, but no rule was being followed here

• by Galega

Rajdhani Express is considered as the best train in India. I travel regularly through this train if there is availability of berth for reservation. However, my recent trip by this train from New Delhi to Ranchi was pathetic and which makes me doubt about the capability of this train providing evenly satisfactorily services.

This is the first time that I was going to Ranchi and as soon as the plan was fixed I reserved a berth for me in the Rajdhani Express. The timing of the train was in the evening. I reached the New Delhi station on time. The problem for me starts at the same time. The train got late. I have to wait on

the designated platform for almost four hours before a definite announcement about the departure of the train was made. To my utter surprise, at the time of departure the platform was changed and I with all other waiting passengers have to rush to the next platform quickly as only 15 minutes were given to passengers to change the platform.

I boarded the train and took my seats. I thought the ordeal was over and the journey will be smooth as provided by other Rajdhani Express. However, that was not to be.

No one came to the compartment even after one hour of the departure. Usually, water and breakfast was served as soon as train left the ...

• station, but here nothing was happening. When asked for water, the coach attendant told me that since the train was late so there will not be any breakfast. And water will also be served at the time of dinner. I was shocked. Feeling thirsty I went to the pantry car to ask for a water bottle. The man at pantry told me to pay for water since it is still not the dinner time. As a rule, water is served free of cost on Rajdhani, but no rule was being followed here.

I took water bottle after paying him the asked money which was double the printed price. The dinner was really shocking. There was nothing edible.

The food items seem to be prepared few days ago. The staleness in the all items of dinner was conspicuous. However, it was the ice-cream which angered all passengers including me. The printed date of packing on the ice-cream was two months ago. It means to say the ice-cream was not edible. When complained furiously by all passengers, the attendant apologized.

Anyway, I didn’t take dinner and slept. The train reached Ranchi six hours after the arrival time. Nothing was served even in the morning. I took a pledge not to travel by this train again in my life. However, before leaving the station at Ranchi I didn’t forget to mention the detail of whole journey on the complain book.

Rajdhani Express

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4417121360131231/k2311a1217/12.17.10