Acqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani ( For Men ) Perfume  » Perfume  »
  • I only had the chance to experience this scent this year and embarrassingly, this was released a decade ago
  • Just today part of the early Christmas shopping that I made, I bought this for somebody but since that person already left the country, I decided to try this and give his gift early next year
  • I like the combination although similar to CK One
  • The heart was more interesting for me because there were lots of notes and so many composing the brilliant aquatic prepare
  • This is really the common problem with some aromatic aquatic or citrus aromatic scents

• by ibizaspain

I only had the chance to experience this scent this year and embarrassingly, this was released a decade ago. Perhaps I did not opt to have this during the early years of the millennium because I frowned on its ever-present choice among men. I really do not like to share the same scent with somebody that is why I did not have this. Just today part of the early Christmas shopping that I made, I bought this for somebody but since that person already left the country, I decided to try this and give his gift early next year. Acqua Di Gio comes in a soft, refreshing bottle and a subdued color. I like the combination although similar to CK One. The colors of ecru and silver gray was used both for the box and the font color as well as the bottle

cover. The scent was released particularly on the year 1996. It is aromatic aquatic.

Despite its aromatic classification, the entrance were entries of citrus notes specifically mandarin orange, lime, lemon, bergamot, and bitter citrus. The heart was more interesting for me because there were lots of notes and so many composing the brilliant aquatic prepare. I particularly noticed the smell of cyclamen, coriander, violet, freesia, rose, hyacinth, peach and the whole splash of aquatic notes. Then for the base it has patchouli, oak moss, cedar, amber and musk. I only noticed amber and musk during the dry down.

The top notes was a little sunny and sort of a refreshment. This type of citrus smell tends to feel like a warm but breezy ambiance. But what I noticed is a stronger citrus smell compared to all other citrus opening that I have experienced.

• The segue was no different except that the heart was ruled by main floral notes and peach which made the aroma just a little citrus on top but overwhelmingly sweet. It was like some perfection floral concoction. I did not feel any woody aroma during the dry down even if there were a lot woody notes like patchouli, oak moss and cedar. When the scent dried down, it felt like a lighter whip of flowers, too light and clean.

I like this smell because of its lighter nuances and it did not get dark in any stage during the different segues. The opening was the most strong of all register in terms of smell. It remains the breezy concept it aptly provided in its advertisement. This is even a good sporty fragrance. It is redolently clean, that common scent that we want when

we just want to feel relaxed. The only problem I have with this smell is basically on its simplicity. Oftentimes when you are wearing this, it does not register well and there is a thin line that somebody might mistook it as Chanel’s Allure Homme, CK-One or other citrus aromatic fragrance because sometimes if you observe the scent, it tends to be similar. The scent does not give you its own trademark and not really opinionated from the rest. This is really the common problem with some aromatic aquatic or citrus aromatic scents. But should not be the case because there are some scents like Carolina Herrera’s Aqua which really made a mark with its own fragrance despite being an aquatic perfume. But overall, the scent is pleasing and refreshing and it is a wearable scent any season any time of the day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5617121359951231/k2311a1217/12.17.10