Cop Out Feature Film  » Movies  »
  • The action was nice, it was not Die Hard amazing action that you rewind to see again, but I liked it and the action scenes had a good pace
  • The plot was boring and unbelievable, but the acting and casting was good
  • So what you may ask was my problem with this movie
  • I got it on Netflix so it cost me little, other than the time spent watching it
  • If someone asks me if I saw this and what it was about, I know I will draw a blank because it was unremarkable

• by duckfan

This movie made me sad to watch. How far has Bruce Willis fallen that he does this kind of movie? I get why Tracy Morgan was happy to make this film, but Bruce could do so much better. The action was nice, it was not Die Hard amazing action that you rewind to see again, but I liked it and the action scenes had a good pace. The plot was boring and unbelievable, but the acting and casting was good.

The directing was good, more than adequate. So what you may ask was my problem with this movie? Well it was just ok.

If I had spent money on it at the theater I would have been mad.

I got it on Netflix so it cost me little, other than the time spent watching it. What is wrong with it is that I know I will not remember it in a month. If someone asks me if I saw this and what it was about, I know I will draw a blank because it was unremarkable.

Some movies are great and people talk about them. Bruce Willis has been in those films. It’s been 20 years since die Hard and at least 10 since Unbreakable or The Sixth ...

• Sense.

Now those were movies people talk about and remember. I haven’t seen any of those in more than 10 years but I can have a conversation about them and discuss what was great about them. I saw Cop out last night and I am struggling to tell how it was different than any other cop movie.

This movie is about two cops who are vinegar and oil. They like each other fine, but their styles are different by a lot. This is a cliche in cop movies.

One cop has an ex wife and a daughter he is trying to make proud of

him, I’ve seen that in a million cop movies as well. Oh and there are bad guy gang members who are at war with the cops and other cops who are trying to get to the main character cops. It has all just been done so many times.

The jokes were fine, some of them in the film were funny. The scenes were all fine, the script was fine, just boring and unorigional. Do I recommend this movie? I guess so, if you have some time, I would not buy it, and I would not expect too much.

It is not in my top or bottom 20 for the year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1117121359671231/k2311a1217/12.17.10