Mrs. Dash Italian Medley Salt-Free Seasoning Blend  » Food  »
  • I enjoy these seasoning blends because they have a lot flavor to them and don’t contain any sodium, which I think my diet could certainly use much less of
  • I enjoy putting this seasoning on roasted potatoes as well
  • I like that the plastic cover is easy to remove so that I can use a spoon to remove the seasonings if I need to instead of sprinkling it over certain dishes

• by sarahanne

I enjoy these seasoning blends because they have a lot flavor to them and don’t contain any sodium, which I think my diet could certainly use much less of. This Italian-style variety has a nice, pleasant, slightly sweet and slightly spicy scent and flavor that seems to me like it is reminiscent of the Mediterranean. It contains typical Italian seasonings like basil, garlic, oregano, and rosemary.

It also contains other seasonings like sage, savory, thyme, and

bay leaves. I think these seasonings add an earthiness to the seasoning blend, which makes it perfect for dishes like pasta, chicken, and pizza.

I enjoy putting this seasoning on roasted potatoes as well. I also like using this seasoning blend because I don’t have to try to find the individual basil, the rosemary, the garlic, or the parsley seasoning containers when I’m cooking.

Instead, a couple of shakes of this seasoning blend and I’ve got ...

• all of the Italian flavor I need. I think it’s important to be mindful of the amount of this seasoning blend you use, however.

Whenever I use too much, my dish can end up tasting a little bit too grassy, because I think the herbs can overpower the other tastes of the flavors included. This seasoning blend is found in a two-ounce shaker that is similar to salt and pepper shakers.

The container is plastic, however,

so it won’t break, which I personally am thankful for. I like that the plastic cover is easy to remove so that I can use a spoon to remove the seasonings if I need to instead of sprinkling it over certain dishes.

I like that this seasoning blend contains not only no sodium but also no MSG. I think the fewer additives, the better.

This product contains potassium, but not much else in the way of nutrition.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121359651231/k2311a1217/12.17.10