Mrs. Dash’s Southwest Chipotle Salt-Free Seasoning Blend  » Food  »
  • I think they’re a great alternative to other forms of seasoning that have lots of sodium
  • I really think they try hard to create the best possible flavor mixtures without adding salt
  • I like to use it on chicken and tacos, and sometimes I even use it to spice up plain frozen corn
  • One thing that I noticed about this blend is that it truly is spicy, so anyone who isn’t prepared for this heat should be wary
  • Because of the heat of this seasoning blend, however, it is very easy to go overboard when using it, so I would recommend using a small measuring spoon to distribute this seasoning so you don’t over-season your dish

• by sarahanne

I like Mrs. Dash’s salt-free blends. I think they’re a great alternative to other forms of seasoning that have lots of sodium.

I really think they try hard to create the best possible flavor mixtures without adding salt. Their Southwest Chipotle blend is perfect for any dish that calls for a Southwestern or spicy flavor.

corn. It really does add a great amount of heat to any dish that I make.

One thing that I noticed about this blend is that it truly is spicy, so anyone who isn’t prepared for this heat should be wary. Considering that the ingredients include chipotle peppers, cayenne peppers, and chipotle pepper flavoring, it is definitely very hot, so it is important not to use too much.

In addition to these spicy additions, it ...

• also contains herbs, spices, and flavorings that balance out the heat, including cumin, basil, and rosemary. I like the way that the lime juice adds an additional complexity to the taste of this blend as well.

It also helps to cool some of the spiciness a little. This seasoning blend comes in a 2 and a half ounce bottle with a plastic covering that has large holes in it for ease of sprinkling on top

of dishes.

Because of the heat of this seasoning blend, however, it is very easy to go overboard when using it, so I would recommend using a small measuring spoon to distribute this seasoning so you don’t over-season your dish. This seasoning blend has lasted me a long time since I only use a little bit per dish.

This seasoning blend doesn’t offer much in terms of nutrition, but it does have a little bit of potassium.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121359631231/k2311a1217/12.17.10