Trader Joe’s Cheese Tortellini
  • I love cheese tortellini, so when I saw this, I picked it out of the refrigerated section
  • Since it was only $2.00, I thought it was a good buy
  • I found that it was easy enough to prepare, requiring me to place the pasta in boiling water and cooking it for eight minutes
  • I think it’s important to test the pasta and make sure the cheese is slightly warm inside before serving it so you know it’s ready
  • I like that it has 11 grams of protein and 15 percent of the daily calcium needs in each serving as well

• by sarahanne

Trader Joe’s carries its fair share of packaged pasta. I love cheese tortellini, so when I saw this, I picked it out of the refrigerated section. Since it was only $2, I thought it was a good buy.

This tortellini comes in a ten-ounce package and is filled with ricotta, Parmesan, and Romano cheeses. I found that it was easy enough to prepare, requiring me to place the pasta in boiling water and cooking

it for eight minutes.

I think it’s important to test the pasta and make sure the cheese is slightly warm inside before serving it so you know it’s ready. After eight minutes, my tortellini was ready, so I appreciate that the instructions were accurate.

I really liked the taste of this pasta. I like Parmesan and Romano cheese’s strong flavors mixed with the mild softness of the ricotta.

I think it’s a good combination ...

• of flavors. When I cooked the pasta it came out nice and tender.

I liked the way that the slight garlic flavor accented the cheese filling too. This tortellini has 240 calories in a serving, 30 of which are from fat.

I like that it has 11 grams of protein and 15 percent of the daily calcium needs in each serving as well. It makes me feel like I’m eating something healthy whenever I

indulge in this tortellini.

I’ve eaten it on its own, which is wonderful, but I also like it with tomato sauce and pesto sauce. The great thing about this tortellini is that I don’t need to add a terribly heavy sauce to it, because the tortellini itself is quite rich.

In fact, it doesn’t go well with heavy sauces, so I tend to eat it with light sauce accompaniments and save some calories in the process.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2010. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2717121359601231/k2311a1217/12.17.10